Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
So i drove my car home last night every thing was fine. i got in my car today to go to subway and every time i take my foot off the gas and put the clutch in the motor revs up by like 500 to 1500 rpms by its self. any ideas on how to fix this.

Mystique 98 ls T-red MTX B&G springs Turbendz y-pipe (running test pipe) Trubendz cat back with flowmaster muffler Costume intake with K&N filter B&M shifter Magstar wires
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Try the TH fix..

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by skifast87:
So i drove my car home last night every thing was fine. i got in my car today to go to subway and every time i take my foot off the gas and put the clutch in the motor revs up by like 500 to 1500 rpms by its self. any ideas on how to fix this.

Mine is doin the same thing...I looked under common probs and it is not a throttle hang it goes really high inbetween shifts, thats the only time. Its starting to get annoying because when I don't realize it its just like droppin the clutch and there is a big jolt. Now my tranny is sufferin, which is something I don't like. As I said, I looked under common problems and I think it is something different than described, but im not sure.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Actually, the symptom you are describing is TH.

Install the cap.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
isint TH when the car takes a long time to rev back down. this thing is reving its self by 1000rpms upppppp. ill try the fix but i dont think thats the issue. but i will deff try it.

Mystique 98 ls T-red MTX B&G springs Turbendz y-pipe (running test pipe) Trubendz cat back with flowmaster muffler Costume intake with K&N filter B&M shifter Magstar wires
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
isint TH when the car takes a long time to rev back down. this thing is reving its self by 1000rpms upppppp. ill try the fix but i dont think thats the issue. but i will deff try it.

Check your TPS, It goes up when you clutch in right? a girl in my SVT club has that same problem.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Faulty/leaking IAC, TH, and vacuum leaks can ALL cause it to RISE..

try the TH fix as stated multiple times.. its quick and costs a whopping .32 or so.. it will likely fix your problem.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
disconnect the intake hose of the IAC while the engine is running and spritz in some WD40. bet that'll fix it up.

mine sticks and does the same thing right after I clean it... I do have the TH fix installed. problem goes away after the wd40.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks guys i will try all thoes things. Its been nice so iv been driving the BMW but today i took the mystique out and it no longer does it. I am sure it will come back tho.

N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Tourige:

Check your TPS, It goes up when you clutch in right? a girl in my SVT club has that same problem.

Mine does that as well... but not all the time.. I guess I never noticed it in the Cougar as its an ATX -- now I guess that I have the SVT I know what people are referring to..

time to try the cap I guess to see if it still acts up on occasion.

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard