Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1561011 04/29/06 06:13 PM
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
It's been about two months since my car was repainted, and it's about time to get her waxed up. I was talking to an auto detailer about having him do it for me, and he mentioned putting paint sealant on. I am unfamiliar with the pros or cons of this, and don't know what to tell him. Also, what should be the correct type of wax to use for the first time on a freshly painted black car? I'd appreciate some input from some of you detailing gurus. Thanks in advance.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
#1561012 04/29/06 06:27 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
It's been about two months since my car was repainted, and it's about time to get her waxed up. I was talking to an auto detailer about having him do it for me, and he mentioned putting paint sealant on. I am unfamiliar with the pros or cons of this, and don't know what to tell him. Also, what should be the correct type of wax to use for the first time on a freshly painted black car? I'd appreciate some input from some of you detailing gurus. Thanks in advance.

Bah, most paint sealants are sythns. It would be much cheaper for you to do it yourself. I would suggest Zaino or Klasse AIO.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
#1561013 04/29/06 08:33 PM
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I am not sure what sythns are... But I'm getting the drift that you don't think it's necessary, or even worth the elbow grease. I would do it myself, but I'm a little scared of getting white residue all over my new trim pieces. I saw this guy's work on a buddies black corvette, and he left no residue. I'd be willing to give it a shot though. Wax on...Wax off. Is that all there is to it?

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
#1561014 04/29/06 10:07 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Synths is short for "Synthetic" which is a man made type of protection as opposed to a natural type of protection like carnauba wax. Synthetic products tend to me more durable and have a higher tolerance to extreme temperatures (which would be very beneficial to your black car)

Between checking out the stickies on here, doing a little bit of research and asking some questions I'm sure you can handle applying some sort of sealant to your car.

As far as protecting your trim pieces from getting white residue on them first of all most synthetic products are designed with ease of use in mind so they can easily be wiped off of the trim if you accidentially got some on the trim. Also, before waxing you could apply a vinyl,rubber,trim protectant type product to the trim. This would make it even easier to wipe off of the trim if you were to get some on it. There are a ton of these types of products on the market. Or another option could be for you to cover the trim up with some painters tape.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
#1561015 04/30/06 03:40 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
wax is become a generic term. most of the durable stuff is synthetic wax also known as paint sealants after you apply polish. since its been 2 months u can put anything u want on the car. use your favorite stuff and go nuts

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
#1561016 04/30/06 05:33 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Zaino is your Friend.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1561017 04/30/06 05:42 AM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Screw having someone apply a "paint sealant" to your car, its not worth the money they're going to charge you. This is something that you can do yourself and don't worry about the paint, I'm sure its good to go by now Quite simply, apply some Klasse AIO, then follow it up by (2) coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze (waiting 8 hrs inbetween coats) and finish it up with some quality caranuba. Your choices are many, but don't worry about white residue if you go with one of these:

-Pinnacle "signature series"
-Pinnacle "Souveran" (made for black, red and dark colors)
-S100

Once your done doing this, rinse the car and dry it off to even things out and your all set. Make sure you use microfiber towels to remove, it is also your friend. After this, I'd do the car once a month as black is very demanding

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1561018 04/30/06 07:08 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Screw having someone apply a "paint sealant" to your car, its not worth the money they're going to charge you. This is something that you can do yourself and don't worry about the paint, I'm sure its good to go by now Quite simply, apply some Klasse AIO, then follow it up by (2) coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze (waiting 8 hrs inbetween coats) and finish it up with some quality caranuba. Your choices are many, but don't worry about white residue if you go with one of these:

-S100

Once your done doing this, rinse the car and dry it off to even things out and your all set. Make sure you use microfiber towels to remove, it is also your friend. After this, I'd do the car once a month as black is very demanding

The reason you have to do it once a month is due to the fact you topped a sythn with carnuba. I can't stress this enough. Only top a synth with carnuba if you are going to a show or have a garage queen.

You are wasting your money if you put a carnuba on a daily driver, unless you enjoy waxing your car every two weeks or every month.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
#1561019 04/30/06 07:12 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

-S100

The reason you have to do it once a month is due to the fact you topped a sythn with carnuba. I can't stress this enough. Only top a synth with carnuba if you are going to a show or have a garage queen.

You are wasting your money if you put a carnuba on a daily driver, unless you enjoy waxing your car every two weeks or every month.

Remember Roger waxes his car every week.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#1561020 04/30/06 08:39 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

-S100

Wasting your money is in the eye of the beholder, if i want a CRAZY shine and ultimate depth for 1-2 weeks and thats what im looking for then a Carnuba is for you, its only a waste if you use a Carnuba expecting it to last forever.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard