Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
No can do on such short notice.. BUT: I would be willing to meet up with you somewhere between your place and mine for a meal.. if you want.

except for that whole "under a tornado watch" thing until 9pm, tonight, its all gravy!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
It's cool. Yeah, I'm looking outside and it looks kinda scary. Gotta put the truck ALL the way inside the garage, which is an ordeal all in itself. I'm done claying and polishing, and now I'm layering on copious amounts of Meguiars NXT paste wax before I cover it in Carnauba(if I cover it in carnauba).

I am now a confirmed believer in clay. WOW.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
It may be a little more work in the beginning, but it TOTALLY pays off afterwards.. Glad to see you've come to the dark side!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
My hood finally feels like an '02 modern clearcoat instead of an '82 enamel. I will probably do the front fenders or roof next weekend, then one set of doors the next, then the other side, then the bed when I get around to it. The bed has craploads of stuff in the paint(it WAS a work truck afterall). I'm not gonna bother with the inside of the bed, cuz that's getting rhinolined eventually.

That clay is worth its weight in gold.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
you know id go but i have alot of work id love to just drop all this [censored] ive been doing latly but i know if i keep working its gonna pay off so i gotta keep going

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
X
X
Hi, I'm new here too. So far I have recieved a lot of useful information. The only days that I'm available is Saturday (but not this one). I live in Irving.

BTW Hydramatic, is your 97 Mystique deceased? Perhaps I could buy your mass airflow sensor from you. Mine is going out and $100 for a rebuilt is too big of a penny for me while I'm in school.

I look forward to more discussions.

*1996 Mercury Mystique Zetec (Preventative Maintenance in progress. No performance mods yet.) ...and there I was, a Ford, F.O.R.D.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by xxswfxx:
Hi, I'm new here too. So far I have recieved a lot of useful information. The only days that I'm available is Saturday (but not this one). I live in Irving.

BTW Hydramatic, is your 97 Mystique deceased? Perhaps I could buy your mass airflow sensor from you. Mine is going out and $100 for a rebuilt is too big of a penny for me while I'm in school.

I look forward to more discussions.

Welcome to CEG! Actually the guys over at Garland Transmission revived my baby and sold it to some middle-age chick, who as I'm told, has now removed the "Merc-0-Matic" letters from the windshield. It took me forever to put those things on! If you ever see a Prairie Tan '97 Mystique running around with BF Goodrich Radial T/As with the white letters OUT, that was my old car. Now I drive the Uberado but I still have a couple parts for the Mystique laying around. I don't have my MAF, but I do have the original Throttle body, as well as a passenger side mirror (power) and some various odds and ends...

If there's ever anything you need, I can always keep an eye out the next time I go down to Pick N Pull down going towards Poteet. Just ask me and I'll see about picking it up. If I recall correctly, there was a 96-97 Mystique with a Zetec and the 5-speed out there. I didn't check to see if the MAF was still there, but it probably was.

X
X
Awesome! Thanks. I've only been to the pick n pull once before. I didn't think about checking there. The last time I went though was with a friend for his car and I was looking for the cooling fan resistor but didn't remember exactly where it was. After reading how to take it out to test or replace it I decided to proceed with a "fix" that one of the other members posted until I have time to proceed with the replacement. I can't remember where the post or what the title of it is.

I was looking for the post and I found this:
Re: hi from texas - pics
#1228307 (Re: texasmerc2000) 04/30/06 12:09 AM

That is what my Mystique pretty much looks like except I have the rear spoiler. I have the same paint and tires. I'll try to get some pictures of it someday.

*1996 Mercury Mystique Zetec (Preventative Maintenance in progress. No performance mods yet.) ...and there I was, a Ford, F.O.R.D.
X
X
Also I just recently found out about the wiring harness recall and took advantage of it. For my Mystique the recall expires on the 23rd of June and I found out about it at the end of March. That saved me a ton of money

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
shoulda switched out the damn window switches with me

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard