Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Okay..

out of town for business.. the hotel had an awesome wifi speed, so I crammed my HDD with all the ISOs I could find (yay me) but started to run out of space.

Just looking around, I looked at my computer management control panel and noticed a third 10Gb partition not assigned.

so.. I assigned the maximum space available to make a third partition (had c:, and d: at 10GB each). well.. in a moment of pure mental stupidity, I also clicked to "make partition active" and closed the window.

Because there were no instant abnormalities, I didn't even click! the laptop ran beautifully with the new 10gb E: partition, since it was already booted up... well.. I shut the laptop down and now restarting gives a dreaded ntldr is missing: CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Now what? any cd bootable partition magic-type programs I could use to simply assign C: as the active partition again? THAT's ALL I need to do..

I REALLY don't wanna copy the few files ntldr looks for from windows and the root on to E:, then install windows from a CD on to E, to get it to boot for a while and assign C: as active, then remove the copies, etc.. That's a stretch as it is!

ANY help?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
"Techie'z Toolkit 1.0" is your friend.

Google search for it. I will not post a direct link or other information about it because of forum rules.

You will be back up and running in no time with that CD.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Fdisk from a boot disk should work too. Might not work if you have ntfs formatted partitions though.

Tan 98 Contour V6 ATX -BAT intake, SVT exhaust, SVT suspension, Stazi brakes, superchip, opt TB, opt Y "Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
it might. It'll just read them as non dos partitions. I have no idea if you can make it primary (active) though.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Every partition is NTFS.. so blech on that.

Thanks for the heads up on that, CSVT.. I'll see what I can dig up on that program.

No boot disk other than the XP install disk. Can you access FDISK from the repair console on that?

Any other suggestions?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
the ultimate boot cd might help i just found it recently on the net

it has alot of fuctionality
its worth checking into its based of windows xp so it might help

just do a search for this

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Ray:
Every partition is NTFS.. so blech on that.

Thanks for the heads up on that, CSVT.. I'll see what I can dig up on that program.

No boot disk other than the XP install disk. Can you access FDISK from the repair console on that?

Any other suggestions?

FDISK is not available for XP, so that's a no go on the recovery console.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
UBCD is a good tool and I can't remember off hand if there is a tool that will fix the ntldr. You need to find a copy of Partition Magic and boot off the CD in order to change the boot partition back to its original status.

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by AznSZBanana:
UBCD is a good tool and I can't remember off hand if there is a tool that will fix the ntldr. You need to find a copy of Partition Magic and boot off the CD in order to change the boot partition back to its original status.

*cough**cough* Techie'z Toolkit.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
let me drive your car once and I will fix it for ya...but I don't tell ya how until then.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard