Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I started my car on sunday and went to my cousins(10 min drive), went fishing all day(13 hours) when we got back, i hoped in my car and tried to start it. It wouldnt turn over. Put a gallon of gas in it because gas gauge was low and still nothing. Monday i go back and pull the spark plugs, gas soaked. so this kinda said "Flooded". pulled them last nite and let it sit over nite and all day today, got back around 5:30 and installed plugs and tried to start it, still wont turn over. pulled a plug and it has gas on it. New fuel filter was put on, and i hear the fuel pump kick on, why am I getting fuel stuck in my cylinders and what can i do to get it to start? Are my injectors bad? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated right now. Also, the thought of it being hydro-locked came up, opened the fuel pressure release valve and tried to get any air out of the line, still nothing. and my fuel relay switch is fine. also changed the oil saturday nite but started right up, dont think there was anything i could have hit when taking the oil filter off or anything to mess the car up but thought i would toss that out there.

99' SVT 83,000 miles

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
To me "turn over" means the starter engages and "turns over" the engine. Do you really mean "turn over" and over, never starting up? Your injectors would not all fail at once. Could be low fuel pressure (can check with a gauge on the fuel pressure valve you checked before) also you might have lost ignition from a failed crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor or coil pack. You should scan for the OBD codes, a code scanner costs 80 bucks or less.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
To me "turn over" means the starter engages and "turns over" the engine. Do you really mean "turn over" and over, never starting up? ..

..... and if it is cranking very fast and not starting, then it could be that you "flooded" the engine with gas and "lost compression". Just push the gas pedal all the way down and crank it.

Read this thread and see if it might be similar to your sitiuation.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1176345&Forum=trouble&Words=crank%20fast&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1176334&Search=true#Post1176345

Last edited by Tony2005; 04/12/06 01:22 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
yes the car tries to start like normal but doesnt fire. pulled plugs and wet from gas which leads me to believe flooded but cant get fuel out of cylinders. getting spark from plug boots which leads me to believe that the coil pack is fine as well.

Last edited by LCraze777; 04/12/06 01:41 AM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LCraze777:
yes the car tries to start like normal but doesnt fire. pulled plugs and wet from gas which leads me to believe flooded but cant get fuel out of cylinders. getting spark from plug boots which leads me to believe that the coil pack is fine as well.

Try the suggestions by Big Jim in the posted thread.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Ok, here we go, car isnt starting still, it is trying to fire more but still wont. I've changed the crankshaft sensor, cam shaft sensor, fuel filter, spark plugs are roughly a month old. Getting spark but I wonder, is it enough spark. All fuses are fine. Could the coil pack give spark but not enough to combust the gas? We are basically lost now.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by LCraze777:
pulled plugs and wet from gas

Check fuel pressure and ECT.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
How would the ECT prevent it from firing? Also, I've changed now the following on the car:

spark plugs (month old)
Spark plug wires
Coil Pack
Camshaft Position sensor
Crankshaft Position sensor
Fuel Filter

I hear the fuel pump kick on and I'm still getting gas in the cylinders. Finally got it towed to my house so i have more time to work on it but the constant starting is draining my battery. Would changing my spark plugs again(so they are fresh) help since the others have had so much gas on them? Any other suggestions?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Yes, that would help, and recharge the battery after each session of troubleshooting. Or just let the plugs dry out and the engine might too (overnight). The ECT would mainly affect how much gas goes in when the car is warm, it will run (but too rich) with it unplugged. Watch out, the cooling fans run and cel light comes on if you unplug the ECT. Sometimes the compression of the engine drops if it is badly flooded and it won't start, and you have to put oil in the cylinders. (Maybe one of the CEG'ers who had the compression problem is reading this?)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard