Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by lizard:
hey my rims are for a purpose because i wanted wider tires to handle the twisties better and top speed of a svt is 148 well my car has been above that aready thats why i say top speed and ill race an svt sometime but untill then cant argue

Did you clock yourself with a radar gun?

Your speedo isnt accurate at those speeds, and with those 17's.....

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
hey my rims are for a purpose because i wanted wider tires to handle the twisties better and top speed of a svt is 148 well my car has been above that aready thats why i say top speed and ill race an svt sometime but untill then cant argue

top spead is limited to 143 not 148...and second, like stated before, speedos are VERY unaccurate at that level of speed. So you are saying that basically with a ypipe and headers you gained more power then a svt with a MUCH better set of cams and higher comp. pistons? Also with wheels being larger as well, you are loosing a little bit at the top end as well because it needs to rotate more mass

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by elraido:

... like stated before, speedos are VERY unaccurate at that level of speed.

Agreed, speedometers almost always say you are going faster than reality. I have a JUGS Radar gun that I bought for baseball and it is accurate within a half mph. My friends and I tested many new cars, and the actual speed always showed up slower than the speedometer on every car. Anyways, on SE's like my car, isn't the governor set at 112mph? Because my speedo usually reads between 120-125 mph when it hits the govenor, meaning that my speedo is about 10 mph off at that speed.

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
he is chipped.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
hum i think this thread slip a bit from its main subject

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
"is that cuba below us?"
"why yes it."
"great goonga moonga, we've been hijacked"

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
He wasn't stating that he COULDN'T do more than 112.. he was pointing out how inaccurate the speedo is at that level.. moreso at higher ones.

And he didn't go faster than 148..

period... ever...

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Ray:
He wasn't stating that he COULDN'T do more than 112.. he was pointing out how inaccurate the speedo is at that level...

If the "he" you are referring to is "me" then you are exactly correct!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by elraido:
he is chipped.

I know, I was talking about the govenor on my se.

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breathe* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats the second funniest thing i have heard all day

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard