Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i'm sure we have a bunch of sharpshooters in this country. why can't we just set up a bunch of posts along the border and snipe them as they come across illegally? if they have a sniper rifle that works via xbox controller, i will volunteer. i loathe illegals. i loathe anyone that doesn't have the respect for our country to learn English.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
You're talking about becoming a citizen. How many of the illegals are interested in doing that now that they're here?

Let's get back to why they are here. Money. They can come here & earn their keep with a work visa. Much easier to come by than you think & often sponsored by agro business. It would not be terribly difficult for them to be here legally AND earn the money they need AND work toward becoming a citizen. They simply choose not to go through the effort - Most likely because of the curruption south of the border, not because of obstacles set up by the US.

Absolutely incorrect.

I'm talking about becoming a "resident" not a citizen. Becoming a resident is the only legal way to permanently establish yourself as a worker in the US. Becoming a citizen, as I mentioned, is in addition to the steps and costs I outlined.

And you can't get a work visa to be a migrant worker or any other relatively low-end job. H1B work visas are only given to skilled workers of very specific speciality occupations or students, not relatively unskilled agricultural workers. If you go to the border and say "I'm a migrant ag worker and want to apply for a Work Visa" you'll be laughed back to Mexico.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
i'm sure we have a bunch of sharpshooters in this country. why can't we just set up a bunch of posts along the border and snipe them as they come across illegally? if they have a sniper rifle that works via xbox controller, i will volunteer. i loathe illegals. i loathe anyone that doesn't have the respect for our country to learn English.

~Andrew

x2,

May sound extreme, but if you are here... speak the language. If I went to germany and was going to be a citizen, you better believe I would put learning german at the top of my to do list.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Evil Republican:

~Andrew

x2,

May sound extreme, but if you are here... speak the language. If I went to germany and was going to be a citizen, you better believe I would put learning german at the top of my to do list.

True but English isnt America's offical language. So I think we all better sharpen up our spanish skillz The language thing is funny the rest of the world views America as up tight and a country that is not willing to learn multiple languages. Oh well what can you do. Keep the rant going fellas!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Let's get back to why they are here. Money. They can come here & earn their keep with a work visa. Much easier to come by than you think & often sponsored by agro business. It would not be terribly difficult for them to be here legally AND earn the money they need AND work toward becoming a citizen. They simply choose not to go through the effort - Most likely because of the curruption south of the border, not because of obstacles set up by the US.

Not true. The current immigration law has a yearly cap of 65,000 for the 'unskilled temporary worker' category.
That number, like the most of the current immigration law has very little to do with today's reality and the needs of the US economy. (how many illegals are here ? 10-12 million?)
In addition to that, just the application fee is $500-1500, not including the legal & documentation fees to be paid by the sponsor (employer).
Finally, even if you do apply, it takes from several months to years for the INS to process the application.

I don't think many American businesses can afford this procedure to hire a dishwasher. That's why they break the law and hire illegals.

Tiv

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
English is not only our official language, it is the world language as well. If you want to do business on a global level, english is the language you will use. One other thing I didn't list in my last post was the health issue. How many contagious diseases are being brought into our country by illegals? Do we want to have to contend with that now, along with all the other hassles illegals bring with them?
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 88SVT:
English is not our official language,

Fixed. The US does not have an 'offical' language.

Ryan Trollin!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
The immigration problem is a serious one, that's for sure. It's a shame that the residents of Mexico would rather come to our country to begin with. I believe that most Mexicans are loyal to their country, and simply want more for their families. As far as becoming a U.S. citizen(legal)most don't know how to begin the proccess or the result seems unattainable. I know that there are things in our own system that seem unapproachable or seem unattainable to me (our government seems distant from its citizens IMO). Mexicans are victims of their own government. The development in Mexico IS happening however. As more development occurs and Mexico becomes a more desirable place for work, you'll see fewer immigrants altogether. This is true of most countries in their development. Look at why we are here.

Until then, U.S. residents can HOPE for enforcement of current laws because face it, if we keep dishing out the aid, they'll keep taking.

99 SVT Black/Midnight 1462 out 2760
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Awright, I looked it up and you're right. But since the U.S. spends about $1.5 billion a year making sure people who don't speak or read English can still know what's going on, I think it's high time we made it official.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R

~Andrew

I'd definitely invest in this.

In the words of Stewie Griffen, "Can I please talk to someone who, didn't come to this country on a floating door?"

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard