Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
yea thats totally true, like i said i carry my 38 or 9mm when im working , the .50 is just to play around with

T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
A beast of a gun. They only had the Desert Warrior (all tan); I'd certainly want the standard. But having 'fondled' both the Warrior and the Eclipse Target II, I'm leaning towards the Eclipse. For a similar price I see some robustness traded for accuracy.

BTW, I looked at som Talons and Wilsons too. Nice, very nice. But at 2 1/2 times the price, I'll stick with Kimbers and Sigs.

I plan to test fire the Kimber Eclipse next week. Should I pull the trigger (pun intended) I'll post pics.

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by xchang:
I've been looking for a P220 compact 45 ACP or P239 .40 for backup, so Sig, of course, was my first choice since I carry P226 .40S&W for standard.

I'd like to see s Sig 1911, but no dealer around carries it in stock without special order. I'll check the Sig Forum.

Next time you're on the west side Hit up Target Sports at 13/Woodward - they have about 4 or 5 Sig 1911's in the case and I think they have one in the demo rack...

T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Amazing that you bring this subject up.....I fired an EXCELLENT .45 ACP over the weekend (gotta get in some practice before Basic training). A Smith and Wesson Performance center Model 945 link: S&W Model 945

I fired 50 rounds through this firearm, and, with one string of 8 shots of 230 grain FMJ's, fired a best group of 2.5" with one flyer, all in the 10X at 50 feet.....for a 1911 copy to fire that well out of the box with "range handloads"(granted this WAS the Smith and Wesson indoor range so it's their handloads)is pretty respectable IMHO.

BTW, the S&W 460 and 500 magnum handguns are just freakishly large!! I would have rented one, but it was something like 25$ for 10 shots out of that beast!!

Just curious, what basic training are headed for? I ask because getting too set in your ways will actually make it bit tougher to learn their way. Also, is thw S&W the gun you'll do basic with? it'd be best if you could practice simply for the sake of weapon familiarity. BTW, nice groups for a new gun!

Mark

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Air Force.....don't laugh....due to the current state of affairs in the Military, EVERYONE in Basic will train as an 11-bravo for the last "phase" of training. That means "maneuvers" and qualifying with the M-4 and M-9. I'm not a huge fan of the M-9 (I have small hands and the grip is just a tad too large for my taste), but I figured it would be nice to get some range time in just for my own amusement, not for any serious practice.

I would LOVE to carry the 945!! It is just the right size IMHO, has plenty of stopping power with the .45 ACP and is a scandium/titanium weapon, so it is fairly light (23 ozs.) for a full-frame auto.

Thanks for the compliment, Mark.....I used to go 3-4X week to the indoor range at S&W about 6-7 years ago and found that it was harder trying to find time with a 5 year old boy at home who wanted my undivided attention Now, my son (who's 13 this year) and I shoot together-he learned no bad habits and is a very safety-conscious shooter who has developed VERY good shooting skills and patience....I can't ask more than that

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Trapps:
I've been looking for a P220 compact 45 ACP or P239 .40 for backup, so Sig, of course, was my first choice since I carry P226 .40S&W for standard.

I'd like to see s Sig 1911, but no dealer around carries it in stock without special order. I'll check the Sig Forum.

Next time you're on the west side Hit up Target Sports at 13/Woodward - they have about 4 or 5 Sig 1911's in the case and I think they have one in the demo rack...

ugh... god i hate the people that work there.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by MxRacer:

ugh... god i hate the people that work there.

The problem is that they have a decent inventory, and for me, they are close. I'll agree, the change in ownership has been a lousy one.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

The problem is that they have a decent inventory, and for me, they are close. I'll agree, the change in ownership has been a lousy one.

i now work a stones throw from double action. have you shot there ever? i'm thinking of checking them out.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Trapps,

Ever shoot at Firing Line in Westland? Nice place. Cheaper than Target Sports.....nicer guys too.

-Todd

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Silver Snake:

Trapps,

Ever shoot at Firing Line in Westland? Nice place. Cheaper than Target Sports.....nicer guys too.

-Todd

If you guys go to firing line - I'll go too. But personally I like Island Lake Shooting Range (when the weather permits). $4 all day to shoot.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard