Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
#1528644 03/20/06 06:19 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
some people can do it at a young age some can't pull it off period. If you think you two can do, give it a shot.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1528645 03/20/06 10:33 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Well, I uploaded the pics... gonna let him post em, but lemme say, she's a hottie...

No bannage-type pics, though

Thanks Dave for uploading the pics for me! I am not good at stuff like that. You didn't tell me that I'm a hottie!

Man-love baby! Oh wait... I ain't gay!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1528646 03/20/06 01:13 PM
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Well, I uploaded the pics... gonna let him post em, but lemme say, she's a hottie...

No bannage-type pics, though

Thanks Dave for uploading the pics for me! I am not good at stuff like that. You didn't tell me that I'm a hottie!

Man-love baby! Oh wait... I ain't gay!

Neither am I... just in case anyone was wondering!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1528647 03/20/06 02:34 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I thought As the world turns was a television soap operah, not a thread on an internet forum. I love how people have to justify themselves to a bunch of car guys, as if they will actually have some sort of impact on their lives.

Mark

P.S. I want you guys to tell me what kind of car I should buy, if I should get married, and what I should do with my bonus check. Why? Because you obviously know me, better than I do.

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1528648 03/20/06 02:37 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Silver Lake. My old stomping grounds.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1528649 03/20/06 02:39 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

P.S. I want you guys to tell me what kind of car I should buy, if I should get married, and what I should do with my bonus check.

buy a round of drinks at SZ plz.
kthx

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1528650 03/20/06 05:13 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M

She went to college for the first semester and hated it. It was her idea to stop going. We had EVERY class together. We would go out to breakfast, lunch and dinner together! We had co ed volleyball together also.

Gee, wonder why she hated it?

99 SVT, Black/Blue #1720 of 2760 04 Mazda Tribute ES, fully loaded Check out my website!
#1528651 03/20/06 07:51 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by red99sesport:

That being said, I don't know anyone who knows themselves as an adult enough at 19 to get married and have it really work.

Sure ya do, your talking to one.

You just think you do.

But I just dont feel like talking about it anymore over the internet.

We have this one guy at work, he gets married like there is no tomorrow, been married 7 times he is only 41.

He got married his first time at age 18 to his high school sweetheart, that was done by age 20.

#1528652 03/20/06 09:12 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Ok, first off...on those posts that are making it sound as if he proposed and therefore controls her...grow up! (A lot of you are posting saying things about how unfair that she not go to college or how unfair for her to stay at home). If that is what she wants out of life, kudos! Its HER decision and sounds to me like he is respecting that decision and is striving to make her dreams a reality. Personally, I would LOVE to be a stay at home mom (when the time comes) but it doesn't pay well so I will have to live w/ being a working mom.

Ok, now on to the marriage question. If you are happy and in love and you are both totally commited to giving 110% effort to making this work then wonderful! Good luck to you! Yes making a marriage work is HARD! Its not 50/50...its 100/100. You both have to give a lot to make it work. There will be compromise, arguments, times when you feel things have changed, times when you don't feel that bond anymore, times when you hit a rut. Its how you get of those times that counts. If you can work together to make it thru, to talk it out, to make a change if need be, to rely on one another...then you will likely make it! I wish you luck! The point is age doesn't matter so much. Its the level of maturity that makes the difference.

Here is my advice (and for those reading this that take offense, get over it...there are a lot of posts I have taken offense to but have chosen to ignore):

1. Put God first in your lives, individually and in your marriage!!
2. COMMUNICATE! Communication is key in a relationship! You have to be able to talk about everything...to work thru it...to not hold back...that is what causes resentment and that just creates a downspiral!
3. Be each other's best friend! 'Nuff said.
4. Laugh together.
5. Never go to bed angry. (Trust me, creates a lot of tossing and turning!)
6. Don't let life get in the way of a healthy marriage! The little things will pile up if you let them!
7. There will be times thru out that you will hit a rut...you will wonder if this is right...you will wonder why that bond...that newlywed love....is gone...you will grow comfortable with one another and this can cause friction. You have to learn how to spice it up again. How to rekindle that love. How to get back that honeymoon/newlywed feeling of love. You can do it tho! Never give up!
8. Respect, Honesty, Trust, Unconditional love, Friendship, Laughter...those things are so vital!

There are so many more things I could add here but then this thing would get way too long! I wish you luck! Sounds like you have thought it thru, hopefully prayed, talked it out, planned it out and are ready to take that step. I wish you both many many years of love, laughter, and happiness!

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
#1528653 03/20/06 11:34 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by red99sesport:

That being said, I don't know anyone who knows themselves as an adult enough at 19 to get married and have it really work.

I still stand by this. Most people don't have enough life experience at 19 to truly know who they are. I have had a ton of life experience by 21 and enough harsh reality in my lifetime and I still feel that I don't have enough experience to have totally figured everything I want to figure out nailed down yet.

I grew up in a household where my father was not always present. He would go on business trips for 3 weeks at a time, spent a year in Mexico when I was younger. This meant my mother had to raise my brother and I. It was not easy for me, my brother, or my Mom. When my dad was home, he made things really difficult. He acted terribly to us. He also was really unpredictible. We later found out he was bi-polar. This was only after he changed jobs to the point where I went to 3 high schools by the middle of my sophomore year. Once that ordeal was over and my Dad started staying home more, I about had to move out because of all the problems between him and myself. He was also overly religious, did I mention that.

I have had 7 great grandparents that I knew fairly well die, 1 grandparent die, an uncle get into serious trouble with the law, and an uncle that got divorced. I've buried two beloved cats, a third cat, and watched my dad give away without my permission a APC pure-bred black lab that my grandma gave me. I still won't forgive him for that. I get to watch my one and only cousin wear clothes from goodwill because her mother spends the child support my uncle gives her gambling. Occasionally I go to my grandfather's house (he and my grandmother are divorced) and sit there and watch him bow down to his wife, a woman who doesn't have any business controlling anyone, even herself.

I got to play man of the house from 16 on, and I still do when I am at home. I fixed anything that went wrong, cooked many of the meals, shopped for groceries, etc. I had no fun in High School, and didn't have any fun my freshman year in College.

I had to face the harsh reality that life isn't sunshine, lolly-pops and rainbows over and over and over, and I still do on a pretty regular basis, (there are worse things that I posted, and I'm not willing to discuss them) and I still have things I need to learn.

I've been exposed to the really unpretty side of life where you start to question things. Have you? If you haven't you don't know yourself well, because it isn't until the really hard times come that you find out who you really are. If you start a marriage not knowing this, there is a great chance that you will not turn out to be the person she wanted or visa-versa.

I know this sounds cliche, but if you wait to get married two or three or four years, and she is still around, then you know it was meant to be. If not, you saved yourself the pain of a divorce.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard