Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1526138 03/14/06 09:26 AM
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
as some of you may have read (if anyone actually reads my posts) that i was looking to buy an 03 Cobra aka Terminator. i was thinking about, found a sweet one, and just bought it! im crazy like that with cars

whats crazier is the car was in fuggin KENTUCKY! and i live in Los Angles!! i found one-stop flights to Lexington for around $550 (one way). round trip and shipping the car was just toooo much money. anywho, i found a flight with Air Tran (formerly Valuejet ) for friggin a hundred bucks! but not to Kentucky. i found the closest airport which was in Dayton, OH. i grabbed a rental (matrix) and headed south. stopping by in Cincy at the hq of Valentine1 which i figured id need for my trip through a few states, in a cobra a bright red one no less... got to Lexington in about 2 hours, handled business and was on my way home with the help of my Magellan 760 gps and Sirius satellite radio i borrowed from a friend. spent the first night in Memphis (i think, maybe little rock) and then headed straight to El Paso where a friend owns a hotel. stopped by Dallas area to visit Kokopellian but he was out of town (or so he says...). anywho, to cut the boring story off early (no need to mention the fine Texan strippers, i mean dancers) all i can say is the V1 radar detector kicks arse. it picked off SOoooo many cops from sooo far its not even funny. it definitely saved my butt! unfortunately, it didnt seem to work too well against AZ or CHP in El Paso, i spotted a bone stock 05 Mustang GT with limo'd windows that was a highway patrol car. light bar in the rear window hidden by the tint and one in the front grill.

so without further ado.....
some pics the seller posted on svtperformance.com where i found it

stopped to eat at Waffle House in Dayton. YUM! stopped seeing these in AZ...wtf?

filling up with 15 gallons of premium in Memphis or Little Rock.

oh yeah, its an 03 cobra 10th anniversery addition. it had 28k on it when i got her but now has a little over 31k
here is the mod list:
2.93" L take-off pulley
XCAL2 Tune by MD Motorsports @ 11.3 A/F and 19 deg.
MGW Shifter w/ Red and Blue handles
K&N FIPK2
Silverstars in the heads and fogs
NGK TR6's @ .035"
Bassani O/R X
Magnaflow C/B
Eibach Pro-Kits w MM poly Isolators in the rear
FRPP 4.10s professionally installed w/ zero vibe or whine
CDC Lightbar
Black 'COBRA' inserts
smoked tailights
The car put down 428/426 STP [449/445 DJ corrected] w/ 11.3 A'F on a heat-soaked engine, This thing is tuned to run 100k miles w/o a problem.

a really good friend of a really good friend builds race motors, especially mustangs. he said he already has a bunch of parts to swap out on it to give it a little more power. bigger pulley, cold air intake, diablo (or predator) tuner. im planning to swap out the stereo system. the radio is ok but sinces its the stupid Bose system i have to pull everything to change just one thing. i dont care for the front highs. im thinking of going with either 18" or 19" rims. probably 18" since the rears will be 10.5" wide. the 19z in that size are just tooo expensive. other than that im not sure ill do too much more. its got unbelieveable power as it is. oh yeah, cant really stand the tinted tails so ill probably swap those out as well. i want to do something with that hood. i had thought about flames but am now thinking black smoke, to go with the black theme. Rick Primo of Primo Customs is right down the street. he was on "Rides" when they did Chris Titus' expedition. His airbrushing is top notch! my friend is buying my csvt off me and since this beast doesnt get the best mpg i may buy another little car to tool around in. like an fsvt.

get this, fireworks are illegal in Los Angeles. even the gayest little pieces of [censored] you can imagine. we have to go out of town to get crap, and waaay out of town to get the good/dangerous stuff i walk into this souvenir store in new mexico and the lady asks if im a NM resident. i say no why? she says that they recently passed a law making it illegal for NM residents to buy fireworks! due to all the wildfires they had. is that nuts or what? only out of towners can buy this stuff? sucks to be a new mexican she said something about cigarrette sales being seriuosly restricted as well. that only certain places could now sell them or something like that. since the three last major fires were caused by cigarrettes.
growing up in LA, ive NEVER seen anything like this!

this bad boy cost $100+ and supposedly lasts for over and hour. i couldnt buy that even if i wanted to cuz we have to pretend to be doing nothing if the cops happen to drive by. the lady said you could only put that thing out with lots of water

that poor lady said a lot of her business has been affected by that law. i felt bad, i gave her $200

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1526139 03/14/06 09:34 AM
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
here are even more pics

Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1526140 03/14/06 09:37 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
niiiiiice steve!!!! can i drive it sometime??!

how is the drive? i mean, i have never had a ride in a cobra!

-a

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
#1526141 03/14/06 10:15 AM
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
we'll swap for an hour. the cobra for the exige

#1526142 03/14/06 01:02 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Love it! One of my dream cars! That thing is so hot! Sounds like you had a lot of fun driving her back. By all means be a pic whore!

great collectors car!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
#1526143 03/14/06 01:03 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
that is one sweet muther-fludpuckin' car

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
#1526144 03/14/06 01:13 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Very sweet ride . Sounds like a pretty cool way to become one with your new ride . "Was that a weird squeak ?" ... "What was that noise ?" ... "Is this speedo accutare ??" , LOL !! Gives you a cool story to tell too . Good luck with it .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
#1526145 03/14/06 01:22 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Steve, I'm not a huge mustang fan... But that thing is hot!!! Congrats!! Did the subframe connector GB help fund the new purchase

#1526146 03/14/06 01:46 PM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

I saw the car posted on SVTperformance and thought it looked well cared for. Very clean!
That car is hot. Enjoy!

#1526147 03/14/06 02:27 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Congrats Steve. Wow, it's nicer looking that I would have imagined. I'm not a big vert fan. Cobra fan, yes. Man, I wish I was around to have seen it in person. Oh, and I was out of town you bastich! If I were in town I SO would have car jacked you! I came back the next day, a day late and a dollar short. Actually, I just found out that I'll be in the San Fran area in September. So I'll definitely make it a point to stop in and steal your car... I mean visit you.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard