Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
ok i've been doing research(which is hard with dialup at only 28.8) to only find you guys flaming people for not doing the research which only turns up the older memebers arguing about the different makes of struts and springs. so with as little flaming as possible, where can i get Bilsteins. i looked at their site and didnt find a damn thing. Spax, will they last with lowing springs? have you guys heard of these springs (ebay item: Vogtland lowering springs Item number: 8044768918)are they any good? if i buy a camber kit will it work with the struts reguardless of make? does monroe make any good options? last but not least do they even make rear strut tower bars?

sorry to start out sounding like a [censored] but the search function can be more of a problem than a solution

00 Contour SVT Black #557 of 2150 Fabricated Nov 24 1999 Currently unmoded
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
http://64.202.180.37/files/csusp.pdf
Bat Inc's Suspension page

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Love the link!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
What are you looking for in your car? If you want to keep a good ride but firm up the handling, BAT has a kit that will work well. For a little more money, Koni has a kit out now, with a bit more of a drop. If you like the stock ride and hieght, then Bilstien or Koni struts with your stock springs will make the handling better than new without hurting ride at all.

The link above will get you to BAT, where you can get most parts. AJUSA.com has the Koni kit.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Number47:
last but not least do they even make rear strut tower bars?

Nope, but I do...

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Not to post jack but what do you think is better the European handling kit for $595 or the Bilstein Kit for $659?

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
i'm trying to replace and upgrade my current setup. i would like to lower a little, not a lot because i'm moving to chicago in a few months. but i'm also looking to enhance performance but i cant spend the money on a koni kit and i'm trying not to spend as much money as they want for the BAT kit because i'm gonna go to school and i have to save money. i know my struts are bad they have over 104k on them i figured while i was at it i should replace the springs

00 Contour SVT Black #557 of 2150 Fabricated Nov 24 1999 Currently unmoded
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by jtour:
Not to post jack but what do you think is better the European handling kit for $595 or the Bilstein Kit for $659?

The BAT kit is a little stiffer than stock, but still maneagable. The Bilstien is a better strut...period..but its also a harsher ride. But in the twisties its supposed to shine.

I was also looking at that

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Mod-Deth:
Originally posted by jtour:

The BAT kit is a little stiffer than stock, but still maneagable. The Bilstien is a better strut...period..but its also a harsher ride. But in the twisties its supposed to shine.

I was also looking at that

Thanks, I decide to stick with the stock set up. I replaced my front broken spring and wheel bearing. Man it makes a huge difference.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Good info guys... with 118K on my CSVT I am looking for an upgrade as well. I have looked at BAT before and was considering the Euro kit. I guess they recently added the Bilsteins as they were not there the last time I looked. I will probably go with the Bilstein / BAT Spring kit.

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard