Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
It won't do it while cold (below mid-gauge), but I've noticed tonight that my temp has risen at about the same time it started doing this. (it's about 3/4 on the gauge needle pointing straight at A on the *normal* word. It used to be at about M before...)

I'm sick & tired of that car. cost me about 4,600$ CA to get it running (stealership misdiagnosed a cracked head and had me replace about 2,200 in parts.)

So far,

-O2 sensor
-Timing Belt/Waterpump (the pump caused the engine to overheat)
-Battery (it was almost dead anyways)
-Plugs
-Air Bypass

I TOLD them to check the head/gasket, but no, it was fine until about a week later when it overheated in about 30 secs.

Had the engine/tranny replaced by a scrapyard.

(they wanted 3,000CA for a new head, those guys are crazy

I will have the supports checked, since it was done about 3 weeks ago, something might have come loose.

1995 4-banger Contour GL
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Hi deable ! I have exactly the same problem with my 97 contour. While at D and halted it viberates along with the dashboard. I have tried replacing Engine mounts, but it did'nt make any difference. Have changed o2 sensors twice. Changing O2 sensor did'nt make any difference as well.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I have the exact same problem. I didn't think about the pvc valve. That's the next thing to replace. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem.

95 Contour, 2.0L
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
A PCV related problem I have also found (that adds to the vibration/poor idle) follow the PCV line where it passes under the thermostat housing over to the intake side of the engine. It will go back into a 1 1/2 foot of rubber hose that connects to the intake mani. I found my line to have a flat spot and allowing no draw.

The other thing I did was the motor mounts. Front and rear, I didn't do the sides. A good way to double check them is pop the hood watch the engine and put it into drive, the engine shouldn't move too much.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard