Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
Yes you can buy nmy standard CSVT kit from me, then when the big-brake upgrade is made available, all you would need is new front FSVT rotors (also available from me) to completethe upgrade.

excellent!!

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
hopefully i'm getting this right and not sounding like a broken record.

this will use the csvt calipers and pads front and rear? csvt front rotor goes to the back and fsvt front rotor goes to csvt front. ss lines recommended.

so whats the benefit of going with the fsvt front kit? does the fsvt use larger calipers with better pistons and larger pads to sweep the 300mm rotors better? will the csvt pads be big enough to sweep the larger rotors (front and rear). so once the kit is completely installed and worn out, then we'll go shopping for csvt front/rear pads as we would now and csvt front rotors for the back and fsvt front rotors for the csvt front. i think this is right, right?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hmouta:
hopefully i'm getting this right and not sounding like a broken record.

this will use the csvt calipers and pads front and rear? csvt front rotor goes to the back and fsvt front rotor goes to csvt front. ss lines recommended.

so whats the benefit of going with the fsvt front kit? does the fsvt use larger calipers with better pistons and larger pads to sweep the 300mm rotors better? will the csvt pads be big enough to sweep the larger rotors (front and rear). so once the kit is completely installed and worn out, then we'll go shopping for csvt front/rear pads as we would now and csvt front rotors for the back and fsvt front rotors for the csvt front. i think this is right, right?

For a CSVT: Purchase FSVT front rotors and custom brackets. FSVT
- Install FSVT front rotor with stock CSVT calipers using custom bracket.
- Install CSVT front rotor on rear with stock rear CSVT calipers using custom bracket.
- FSVT front caliper is the same as CSVT front caliper. The benefit of going with the larger rotor: increase in diameter will increase the braking torque (even with the stock calipers), larger surface area will help cooling and decrease fade.
- SS Lines are recommended.

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by mamisano:
- FSVT front caliper is the same as CSVT front caliper.

Incorrect. The SVTF caliper is slightly larger and mounts differently. (thus requiring a special "SVTF" bracket)

Also for the record - All CDW-27 rear disc brake components are the same. They are not SVT specific. (well the stock SVT rear rotors supposedly had a "dacromat" finish)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
ok got it. so price wise and i dont race the car, going to fsvt calipers isnt really needed. csvt calipers with fsvt rotors will be fine for street driving.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Is this ever going to happen?

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Is this ever going to happen?

I'm in no hurry but would like to be put on the list of "PM as this progresses further" as it sounds like a good cost efficient upgrade for those of us who don't NEED a big 13" brake upgrade but would rather just stop a little cooler and easier

If/When this comes available i will be in on a full set of new pads, all hardware/brackets, and most likely the FSVT Rotors

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Ordered my TCE kit today, so I guess I'm out...

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well to be honest if I had the $$$$ I would get the TCE anyway. Besides the lighter wallet, youre better off.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
ill probably do this, seems like a good idea and i dont think it should be to pricey.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard