Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The car looks great . Ya got some really dark tint there !I was planning to do pretty much the same thing to the trunklid (but never got 'round to it ) . I was gonna french-in the license plate in the stock spot though . Maybe some day I'll do it - maybe not .

Nice work .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Thanks for all the input everyone. I appreciate all the compliments and suggestions, and I also understand that not everyone was going to like this particular style. The reason I moved the plate down, personally, was because I wanted to shave the whole trunk and make it look as clean as possible. I love the rear bumper, like some of you were saying, but I felt I could place the plate in there without ruining the beauty of it. Anyway to answer a few questions...

the lights were done by ContourSVT98, who as far as I know is no longer on the board. One of the headlights is still perfect, but the other is leaking a little and I'm going to have to try and fix it myself. I need to open it up and clean it and then reseal it.

someone asked for a mod list...here you go:
Interior:
Cougar Shift Knob
White HVAC overlays

Audio:
Kenwood eXcelon x979 head unit
Diamond HEX Components 6.5" front and back
JL Audio 12" W6v2's in custom enclosure
JL Audio 300/4 and 500/1 amps
XM Radio
iPod Hookup
1 Farad Capacitor

Exterior:
Shaved Trunk, License Plate relocated to bumper
Debadged, Knauberized, Hightower Mod, Matched Oval Ring, custom grills, 17" Superior Scoundrels(came with it when I bought it), Nokya Lights

Engine/Suspension:
DMD, metal impellar water pump, Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake(Xmas gift, much better than old Weapon R Dragon Intake) H & R Springs, B & M Short Shifter, Slotted rotors, Clutchmasters Clutch , Ford Racing wires

I believe Tourige mentioned the lack of power mods. I'm in the process of adding power right now, and by the show on 4/9, the car will have MSDS headers, a Magnaflow resonator, an optimized Throttle Body, and an optimized Y-Pipe. More will come as the funds do, as I eventually plan on swapping in a 3.0.

Matt is right, I'm switching the wheels out and am ordering new rims tomorrow. I'll tell you what those are when you see the pics. So Jim, if you're serious about wanting my rims, shoot me a PM. I have an ad up in the classifieds right now.

Thanks again for the input guys. I'll have the audio pics up in the next few days.

Ride 1:Black '98 SVT(The Hottie) #85 of 6535 DOB: April 1, 1997 Full Stereo, 17's, and a drop One of a kind body work.... For sale Ride 2: '90 Honda Accord EX(The Hooptie) Pending sale... I'm becoming a troll!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i like it!
could you please get some more pics of the rear with better lighting so we can get a better idea of how it looks?

just out of curiosity, why would you shave the antenna but leave the body seams?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard