Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Both front doors do it. Whenever it gets a little warmer outside and next day it gets cold, my doors won't unlock. Once warmed inside the vehicule, they will open.

If the temps stay cold, they will not freeze.

I'm thinking humidity might be the culprit. both front weather strips are damaged.

If I rip the doors apart and drown the mecanisms in silicone grease, am I right in assuming it will stop?

1995 4-banger Contour GL
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by hamsterdan:
Both front doors do it. Whenever it gets a little warmer outside and next day it gets cold, my doors won't unlock. Once warmed inside the vehicule, they will open.

If the temps stay cold, they will not freeze.

I'm thinking humidity might be the culprit. both front weather strips are damaged.

If I rip the doors apart and drown the mecanisms in silicone grease, am I right in assuming it will stop?

It will certainly help if it is not corroded too badly.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Graphite works well on locks as well.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I know what you mean, my 2 Contours are bad for that, and when it gets realy cold the doors do not even cloes right, I tryed all kinds of lubes and it does the same thing, now I do not lock my doors anymore.

SVT 99 #526 of 2760
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by SquareHead:
Graphite works well on locks as well.

I've tried graphite (silicon & graphite spraycan), emptied about a quarter of the can in both front doors, but didn't change anything. It seems to come (driver's side anyways) from about between the lock itself (about 2 inches) and the rear door (sorry for my bad english)

And I can't leave the doors unlocked as it's alway sparked in the street (police kinda frowns upon leaving doors unlocked and it will get expensive pretty fast in tickets alone

When it gets warmer (couple of weeks), i'll rip the doors apart since I've got to figure why all three other windows are really sluggish (I'm figuring they were barely used if ever)

1995 4-banger Contour GL

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard