Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by baco99:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
He's been in Warren Miller...in the right circles he is a god...you just aren't in that circle and you read an article on him because he didn't win the gold medal and now he is a deadbeat...

Warren Miller? Whoopty-friggen-do. Bode put himself in the gold medal circle and has failed to deliver. If he talks the talk he needs to walk the walk. Period.

He has delivered in the past and the Olympics aren't over yet!

sometimes it's not about WHAT you deliver, but how you do it. his attitude sucks, i don't care if he wins every medal there is.

Exactly the reason I can't stand guys like Kobe Bryant, Terrell Owens, and Ron Artest. They don't care about the sport, the league, or their fans. They care only about themselves. It's true that money can't buy everything, or these guys would have an ounce of class.

Mark

What an ounce going for these days?

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
#1503869 02/15/06 09:36 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
He's been in Warren Miller...in the right circles he is a god...you just aren't in that circle and you read an article on him because he didn't win the gold medal and now he is a deadbeat...

Warren Miller? Whoopty-friggen-do. Bode put himself in the gold medal circle and has failed to deliver. If he talks the talk he needs to walk the walk. Period.

sometimes it's not about WHAT you deliver, but how you do it. his attitude sucks, i don't care if he wins every medal there is.

And just what is his attitude? He gives it EVERYTHING he has out there. The same reason he falls all the time is the same reason he has a few medals under his belt.

What's his attitude? Oh, you mean the one story about him drinking? What other references are you using?

The media is the one that surrounded him as the face for Olympic Gold, not Miller.

Its funny how no one seems to even know what Bode has done for the sport, or the US in this sport. Did you know that he was the first American to bring the World Cup back to the US since 1983? That's an achievement.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#1503870 02/15/06 09:37 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S

Cause you have met him???? Can't believe everything you read about. And almost all Ski Racers think they are the [censored]. Trust me im the same way Former CUSSA/ MI HS racer.
When you Beat 50+ people all by yourself in a elite group of people you end up like that. Many Many Ski racers are like this. The reason you know who bode is becuase he is amazing.

Who really cares about his Attitude, Skiing isn't exactly a team sport. yes theres is a Ski team but there isn't any team events.

Bode could not metal at all in the olympics and Still make more at one race then half of the CEG'rs on here can make combined in a year.

#1503871 02/15/06 09:43 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Exactly the reason I can't stand guys like Kobe Bryant, Terrell Owens, and Ron Artest. They don't care about the sport, the league, or their fans. They care only about themselves. It's true that money can't buy everything, or these guys would have an ounce of class.

Do you think professional athletes are paid too much?

#1503872 02/15/06 09:44 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:

Cause you have met him???? Can't believe everything you read about. And almost all Ski Racers think they are the [censored]. Trust me im the same way Former CUSSA/ MI HS racer.
When you Beat 50+ people all by yourself in a elite group of people you end up like that. Many Many Ski racers are like this. The reason you know who bode is becuase he is amazing.

Who really cares about his Attitude, Skiing isn't exactly a team sport. yes theres is a Ski team but there isn't any team events.

Bode could not metal at all in the olympics and Still make more at one race then half of the CEG'rs on here can make combined in a year.

Oh, and so now what makes someone worthwile as a person is how much money they make, what house they live in, what car they drive, what clothing they can buy, what type and how many cigarettes they can afford, how much alcohol they can buy, etc.

I think not

#1503873 02/15/06 09:48 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by red99sesport:
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:

Oh, and so now what makes someone worthwile as a person is how much money they make, what house they live in, what car they drive, what clothing they can buy, what type and how many cigarettes they can afford, how much alcohol they can buy, etc.

I think not

Nope just stating Facts. I like how some of these clowns comment about someone and a sport they have no clue about.

Let me know when you reach speeds of 60mph+ on a pair of sticks then crash becuase the only thing in your mind is the best line, the best way to maintian your speed.

#1503874 02/15/06 09:52 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Davo:
Do you think professional athletes are paid too much?

Not sure where you're going with this. I think there are a lot of athletes with more money than they'll ever know what to do with. Some take it to their heads, some don't. Just seems like the guys I mentioned above, are the kind of guys that teammates hate to play with. I guess it's just my mentality, but I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with bringing that much negative attention to themselves.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1503875 02/15/06 10:08 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Well, you put quite the responsibility on the three guys you mentioned to care about their sport, league, and fans. I was just wondering if you think they should be compensated for that responsibility. So often I hear people complain about how much pro athletes are paid, but those same people also think athletes have some kind of responsibility to their sport, league, city, and fans. It seems that they are only being duely compensated for the responsibilities that they carry.

You may think many professional athletes are 'only in it for themselves', but find me a population that doesn't have a fair share of these types and you will win a Gold Star.

#1503876 02/15/06 10:20 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I feel that they should be compensated for what they bring to their job. What they do on the field/court is only PART of their job description. Remember the dress code issue? They raised a fuss about that, but you know what? They're on company time. I know that when I'm on company time, I have to dress appropriately. If not, I'm out of a job. Same goes for my attitude. If I want to have a crappy attitude, do you think I'm first in line for a raise? My performance is awesome at what I do, and I'm expected to have an attitude that reflects that. The same should go for these guys that are under the spot light. So to answer your question, their salary should be enough to compensate them for showing some respect to their teammates, fans, league and sport. I don't know of anywhere that you can work, where you're awarded for poor attitude, embarassing your employer, and not following orders. I guess pro sports are now the exception to that.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1503877 02/15/06 10:22 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Mark, how can you say bode doesn't care about his sport?! He grew up with NOTHING except skiing...the saddest part is that when he did win the world championships the US media wasn't even there for it! It never made big headlines and it went totally unnoticed...I think one of his reasons for signing with Nike was to help promote the sport! There is not near as much money in skiing as there was in the past. There is absolutely no money in snowboarding. Yeah, you can say omg there is Shawn white and Bode miller...two people in the entire sport make half what the guys in the NBA make. There are so many damn people in this sport that are in it just for the love it isn't even funny.
It seems a lot of people have read one or two articles about this and are passing judgement on a guy who is trying to push the sport along. His voice is multiplied ten-fold with his deal with Nike. Money talks and Nike has a HUGE budget. Is it blind faith for me to think that he is being totally self-less and doing this just for skiing, totally. He gets some money out of it, but he was simply a name burried within his sport and too many people had no idea who he was or what he did. I have rambled on and I don't think have made my point...oh well I have to go to calss and I will try to finish my point later...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard