Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Prototype kit was finished and installed. 55HP was added to a stock ATX Cougar which was tested on a Vericom (Gtech like unit). The compressor map is here: Compressor Map on Page 2 Even though the kit wasn't verified on a dyno (should have been) a back to back comparison changing from stock to the supercharger, if done right, will be fairly accurate. Just wait until June 16th when all the group buy kits are shipped. Hard numbers will be posted. The kit looks like it has lots of potential if installed and tuned correctly.

Here is a good writeup on the Vericom unit I found while looking into how accurate it was: Click me

For 55 give or take, is not worth 2200 dollars.

I am also waiting to see what it produces on the dyno. If it produces decent numbers. I might be ordering this kit.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Rickson:
Prototype kit was finished and installed. 55HP was added to a stock ATX Cougar which was tested on a Vericom (Gtech like unit). The compressor map is here: Compressor Map on Page 2 Even though the kit wasn't verified on a dyno (should have been) a back to back comparison changing from stock to the supercharger, if done right, will be fairly accurate. Just wait until June 16th when all the group buy kits are shipped. Hard numbers will be posted. The kit looks like it has lots of potential if installed and tuned correctly.

Here is a good writeup on the Vericom unit I found while looking into how accurate it was: Click me

I am also waiting to see what it produces on the dyno. If it produces decent numbers. I might be ordering this kit.

It's 55 hp from a gtech on an ATX car.

I woudl also say 55 hp is def worth 2200...

Tell me a better way to get those kind of gains spending less or the same elsewhere?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
55HP not worth $2200? Wow, check this math:

Thomas Knight S/C
$2200/55HP = $40/HP

MAF
$300/5HP = $60/HP

Headers
$1200/15HP = $80/HP

By my math, that is leaps above the other mods.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Can the Thomas Knight S/C be used with the MSDS Headers?

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
as far as i know the TK kit doesnt go anywhere near the headers. Its tucked over by the fender, and the way they have their piping routed, goes up and over the back of the motor .

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
heat soak for the intake piping

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by maposhitheadfoshiz:
Originally posted by Rickson:

It's 55 hp from a gtech on an ATX car.

I woudl also say 55 hp is def worth 2200...

Tell me a better way to get those kind of gains spending less or the same elsewhere?!

Well i was thinking going 3l would be a better gain overall.
For half that amount. 1k would be perfect. Maybe we forgot about that in this topic.

I guess if it was upward towards 75hp. I would be willing to dump 2200 into this kit.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Think about the vortech kit...what does that give you? 60hp for 3k-3500 and then it will break on you!!!

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by stilov:
Think about the vortech kit...what does that give you? 60hp for 3k-3500 and then it will break on you!!!

100+hp

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
who has gotten 100+?

MOst I have seen go from like 170-180 to 220-230.

I know rick has more...he he more than just SC. Who has taken a stock SVT and put down 100 more and been reliable?

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard