Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Viss1:
Also, do you have a source for your assertion that the administrator's statement was purposely incorrect rather than a mistake?

I'm not sure why I'd need a source, since I didn't say that. I'm saying he used a term the media would understand, even though it had misleading implications.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I was on google news again and in the past hour they have now called it a heart attack and google links you to MTVnews...they speak of potential charges brought against Dick if the gent dies...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Davo:
I'm not sure why I'd need a source, since I didn't say that. I'm saying he used a term the media would understand, even though it had misleading implications.

So you're defining "heart attack" as misleading rather than incorrect. That's fine. Are you then saying he was in the right in - as you say - misleading the media? Because the media would still not be at fault in that case.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
lol you guys! who cares if its a heart palpitation or a heart attack, I mean all this banter over a silly definition, you guys need to get out more! From what i saw breifly on CNN (yes I know how some of you despise this source, but Dr. Sanjay Gupta seems pretty accurate to me) They were calling it a "silent heart attack" something of how the shot migrated into the muscle lining of the heart causing palpitations and irregular heartbeat. Treatment could be some blood thiners, a shock to "reset" the heart beat or just leaving the stuff in there.

It must have been a slow news day to have such hype over such a thing, but than again everyone knows how the media likes to jump onto things like this.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
It's actually a no-win situation. He correctly estimated the media's collective intelligence to be around 30, but didn't think that they would react the way they did.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say the media's coverage of this story is great or what. Unfortunately, a man was injured, or else I would be taking complete entertainment value from the media's coverage, as I have with many other 'stories' over the last couple of years.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
lol you guys! who cares if its a heart palpitation or a heart attack, I mean all this banter over a silly definition, you guys need to get out more! From what i saw breifly on CNN (yes I know how some of you despise this source, but Dr. Sanjay Gupta seems pretty accurate to me) They were calling it a "silent heart attack" something of how the shot migrated into the muscle lining of the heart causing palpitations and irregular heartbeat. Treatment could be some blood thiners, a shock to "reset" the heart beat or just leaving the stuff in there.

It must have been a slow news day to have such hype over such a thing, but than again everyone knows how the media likes to jump onto things like this.

Loggerbomb

If the Willington dies of his injuries, the VP of the US will be charged....

"Though Cheney had the correct Texas non-resident season hunting license, he didn't have the $7 stamp required for hunting upland game birds and faces a warning over that omission. Local officials said at first they did not intend to bring any charges in the shooting, which was considered an accident, but according to The New York Times, the district attorney in Kleberg County, Carlos Valdez, said a fatality would invite a new report from the local sheriff and, most likely, a grand jury investigation. Under the law, even an accidental hunting death can result in criminal charges, and Cheney could be charged with negligence should Whittington die as a result of his injuries."

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
I'm not sure if you're trying to say the media's coverage of this story is great or what.

Just pointing out that the media did nothing wrong.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

Do you think the coverage has been appropriate so far? Keep in mind they asked if Cheney was going to resign over this.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V

Do you think the coverage has been appropriate so far? Keep in mind they asked if Cheney was going to resign over this.

My two sources, the Wash. Post and WSJ, have had what I consider an appropriate level of coverage. Can't comment on TV or online sources, since I don't pay attention.

AFAIK one guy in the press briefing asked if Cheney was going to resign, and a few other reporters laughed.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
... a fatality would invite a new report from the local sheriff and, most likely, a grand jury investigation. Under the law, even an accidental hunting death can result in criminal charges, and Cheney could be charged with negligence should Whittington die as a result of his injuries."

Not likely based on testimony from the family & witnesses in the hunting party. I.E. Whittington didn't rejoin the group or let them know where he was.

This is all crazy stuff over a hunting accident.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard