Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I had said I would'nt have, but the more I think about it the only thing I would've done different is to not get the damn moonroof installed on my SE. To do over again I would sell the SE in stocker form with a 3L and terry trans. Then get myself an SVT and do the 3L with terry trans. I suppose I still could do this anyone interested?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by blake:
and the G35c was gorgeous and fun to drive but sheer misery to own.

What was wrong with the G35 ?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Knowing me, ill probably wish i didnt drop so much money into the car, but im hoping i can get most of my money's worth by parting it out(the aftermarket stuff)

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ODC:
Originally posted by blake:
and the G35c was gorgeous and fun to drive but sheer misery to own.

What was wrong with the G35 ?

long story, but the gist of it is that (among other things) the gas tank wouldn't fill, the dealership staff (from sales mgr to service advisors) was made up of inconsiderate, apathetic, careless screw-ups who damaged my car every time it went in for service (which was often, given their incompetence in fixing the aforementioned problem), and infiniti consumer affairs hung me out to dry and wouldn't lift a finger to help resolve my disputes. it also squeaked and rattled incessantly, but that was not a deal-breaker.

i traded it at a loss just to be rid of it - didn't have the time or energy to fight the dealer (was in the midst of wedding plans as well as numerous crises at work), so i just eliminated that particular source of stress.

not all of my problems were inherent to the G35 itself, which is why my comment dealt more with the *ownership* of it. the fact that my particular one seemed to have a few lemon-like qualities certainly didn't help, though.

blake --former CSVT owner-- MINE: 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 - stone white/taupe HERS: 2005 acura TL 5AT non-navi - satin silver/quartz GARAGE ORNAMENT: 1962 chevy C10 fleetside pickup - tan/rust
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
I answered yes, but knowing what I know now, I would have gotten an SVT. That's about the only regret I have with the car. It's the most fun car I've had, and it's been the most reliable car I've had, but that's probably because I've taken better care of it than the previous ones.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
If I had do do it again I would try to get a Contour or Mystique with an MTX and it wouldn't matter too much on the motor in it. Altho I have learned through this forum that if it is a '95-'97 Duratec then I probably would pass on it. Then too to do it again I would try to look beyond "LOADED", that is my weakness. The Mystique is well loaded, before that I had a '94 Taurus that was fairly loaded. Before that I had a '92 Cougar that was well loaded, had an '87 T-Bird LX that was well loaded, Fairmont ES, loaded, and I think what started me on this trip was back in '77 I had a '69 Continental that was about maxed out for options; boy do I miss that one to this day. Anyway I seem to be a sucker for loaded cars, and in most cases they end up costing me more repair-wise. So, to do it again I probably would look for a base Contour/Mystique. I do like the style, the '95-'97 Contours and Mystiques in particular.

Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard