Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Vadim in 1998 > Vadim in 2005

SHO Shop is a thing of the past. DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT order anything from them.

Mark

From SHOForum...

Since there has been a lot of chatter in the past few days concerning SHO Shop, I've decided to post a sticky with some information those of you trying to get in touch with SHO Shop or considering doing business with them.

1. SHO Shop's web site has been down for a couple of days. We don't know why, nor whether it is temporary or permanent.

2. SHOForum.com severed all ties with SHO Shop in the summer of 2003 after several forum members who paid for various products failed to get them, and SHO Shop refused to issue refunds.

3. While SHO Shop was still a paying sponsor/advertiser of the forum, they offered a number of Group Buys and special prices to forum members. Their repeated manner of defrauding innocent SHO owners was as follows: They accepted credit card payment for their products, and estimated delivery of those products usually to be a few weeks after payments were received. Invariably, there would be delays, but they were always someone else's fault (the machine shop was backed up, their suppliers were slow to ship, etc.). Eventually, these delays would extend to two months or more, and then all communication between SHO Shop and its customers would suddenly cease. Unfortunately for those customers, the continued delays would exceed the allotted time for which a credit card dispute could be filed, so there only remedy was the court system which most people do not have the resources to access when dealing with an out-of-state business. In the cases where communication was finally made, SHO Shop's position was basically "you'll get it when you get it" and they refused to issue refunds. Some people did eventually get the items they paid for, but in many of those instances it wasn't until 6, 9, 12, or more months after they had paid for them. Some never received their items, or received items that didn't fit (lot's of defective UDP's, Y-pipes that had to be trimmed to fit, etc.).

4. When considering doing business with SHO Shop, one factor you may wish to consider is their Better Business Bureau rating.

5. While SHOForum.com has no official position on whether or not our members should patronize SHO Shop, a number of forum members (myself included) would strongly recommend against doing so unless you are close enough proximity to Huntington Beach, CA to purchase your products in person and pay for them upon delivery.

6. It appears as if Vadim (SHO Shop's owner/proprietor) has turned his business focus to other makes and models, but still does a small amount of SHO Shop business occasionally. A number of forum members located reasonably close to SHO Shop have offered in the past to act as intermediaries for procuring products for distant customers. A search of the forum will help you locate these people and you can contact them via Private Message (PM).

7. Vadim deserves a lot of credit, praise, and respect for pioneering many of the products that have become staples in modifying and maintaining our SHO's. Unfortunately, that reputation has become tarnished by poor business practices in recent years, and the countless customers who were defrauded of their hard-earned money.

8. From this point forward, posts or threads concerning contacting SHO Shop or their current status, contact information, etc. are subject to deletion. Everything that could possibly be said about SHO Shop has been said, repeatedly, in past threads. Again, using the search function will tell anyone everything they'll ever need to know about SHO Shop. This includes contacting people located close to SHO Shop willing to help with a transaction. This must only be done via Private Message.

Thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation!

-------------

You were warned.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SableSal:
That was my reaction too... What do you think I do Steve?

Sal

i dont know. i was told this mod wouldnt do anything for me so i skipped it. whatever you do, dont do it with the shoshop. shoshop has a 99.9999% failure rate now. its almost like getting into a deal with a Nigerian internet scammer and keeping your fingers crossed you'll actually come out on top.

good God that has to be the WORST BBB report ever!

Last edited by svt4stv; 12/15/05 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'll disagree..i thought the unx pulley helped throttle response..increased harshness on my svt engine,but not my regular 2.5

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The SHO Shop BBB rating is something you should see!
F!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by tour96se:
increased harshness on my svt engine

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yikes thats awfule. The 3l udp I got from them was nice, fit like a glove, dynoed at a 10 whp and 9tqr incress. (in a taurus lol)

But after all this, Sal, I would stay clear from them. Sal, call me, I can get udps probably made for you.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I find that REALLY hard to swallow - I bet half that gain was atmospheric variation between pulls!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Got the same numbers from two dynos in two states. This was also the crankshaft pulley.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I'll give you a call soon... My main concern is Crank Whip.

Sal

SHOCal Advisor / Midwest Duratec Co-Owner [img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/260278/original/CrackerBarrel.jpg[/img]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard