Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Actually, red is pretty decent on the eyes. The human eye can focus on red and yellow and some shades of green, but blue is had to focus on and seems much more intense at the same comparative brightness. So...

take that home and chew it.

don't drink and drive.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Nice lookin car. On a side note i dont care how windy it was, you have to be the worst photographer ever.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Nice lookin car. On a side note i dont care how windy it was, you have to be the worst photographer ever.

Thank You!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
3.5L 201hp?!?!?!?!

is it me or is that another underpowered engine?

my friends g35c is 3.5L and hell that thing puts out close to 300hp!

what am I missing here

It's GM is whose missing something there ...

Nissan VQ > GM pushrod V6

I do like that car though, very slick looking.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
those pictures are awful!
I know you said the weather was crappy and stuff lately, but still, it would have been nice if you waited til the conditions were slightly better before snapping those pics.
I got a headache looking at those, so I gave up after a few.

Good luck with the new car.
If you move on to G6 forums, learn from your experiences here and share VERY LITTLE about your personal life with everyone on the internet.
Even if you're being truthful, you'll still get yourself a new bunghole ripped open.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Too bad man. That CSVT was one of my favorites. And like stated before the milans will be missed

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
It seems that Chad has gotten into some trouble over the year or so here, but I gotta bust him right now! That "camera" you speak of, well, he stole it, yeah, stole it! It was taken out of the Smithsonian and it was MY old digital camera. Now Chad, turn yourself in so I can collect the reward money

On a serious note, that "wimpy" motor you guys speak of WILL beat a CSVT, no doubt about it. We have a 06' Malibu Maxx right now (rental while the Ranier is in the shop) w/ the same motor and its got some pretty decent power IMO. No, its not the 298 hp of the 350Z or G35, but its not set up that way. This Maxx has the "autostick" type shifter in it too, so if one of you guys with a bone stock CSVT messes around with one, you might get

Last edited by The EX- Striped SVT; 11/17/05 11:18 PM.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Nice G6! I definately like it.

Concerning it vs. the CSVT, I am not sure how fast it is, but I will leave you with this. My mom has an 02 Grand Am GT, 175hp (only mod is a K&N) and 4spd auto, and it feels much faster than my CSVT. Thing is, at the track, it's .4 seconds slower. I don't know how the G6 stacks up, but I'm just saying how it feels isn't the best measure of acceleration.

Either way, I definately like the G6. If I was looking for a new car in that class, it would be my choice.

1999 SVT, Tropic Green No mods yet www.cardomain.com/id/stadtsoldat
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
(In know I said no more posts.. but I gotta answer questions, lol)

Yes.. I'm a thief, lol. My photo taking "Techniques" were passed down from Roger to me, lol. I think I'm just too hyperactive, can't take a silent moment to sit, stare, think, and visualize the photo. I'm just whipit out and let the world see.... uh...

The grand AM GT has a completly difrent motor. That is the 3.4 V6. Mine has the new 3.5V6 which has abotu 30 more HP than the Ram AIr GT and has about 45 more tq than it as well. (201hp, 222tq) It is most defenetly faster than a stock CSVT (wioth a semi-decent driver) and will run a 6.6 0-60mph according to edmunds, motortrend, and a few others. Nothing to shake a stick at, but it's not "fast" by far of GTO, etc, etc. Reminds me a lot of my old dub', TONS of low end torque BUT, it doesn't die and choke itself at 4000RPMS, this one screams all the way up til almost redline. Rog, I hadn't the slightest clue that the Malibu was the smae chasis based car... but now it makes sense, lol. BUt, the cars got 108 miles on her now, adn I still like it. It's strang eto actually KNOW I will have to keep this car for 2 years... almsot like having teh cookie jar infront of you but electrifying it to give you a good jolt with an attempt to steal it's goodness.

BNUt it suits my needs nicely, handles like a dream, better than my CSVT's did (sounds strange to say that, but it really does) The electronic steering is amazing, feels like driving an old caprice with a suicisde knob on the steering wheel.

And I know.. it's "leased" but.. the temptation to mod is still there. I looked into the idea of dual exhaust and apparently you can buy the lower valance from teh GTP G6 and swap them out (snap on snap off) wich gives you the dual outlets. I here removing the resonator, adding another muffler at teh end with too tips sounds great with these motors (unlike any other GFM V6 I knbow of). SOme tint is in store and I'm very tempted to see what this thing might lok like if it got "stryped". Cars got good lines for it, but I chose a bad color to do something like this, though.

I remeeber when I complained about aftermarekt support on the CSVT and Regal... well.. I can buy a Razzi Kit for this, uhm.. couple Pontiac Accesories, and rims. Thats about it, lol.

It's one of those cars that will require "imagination" to make it look difrently good... hmmm, sounds like good ole' Roger's ride, eh?!

AS far as a CSVT replacement... I'd seriosuly give this a thumbs up (unless you need to seat 5 people, as its a true 2+2 setting (sweet full length console goes from front to teh back, and it's got 6 freaking cup holders.. SIX?!!? Eat that SAV.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
It seems that Chad has gotten into some trouble over the year or so here, but I gotta bust him right now! That "camera" you speak of, well, he stole it, yeah, stole it! It was taken out of the Smithsonian and it was MY old digital camera. Now Chad, turn yourself in so I can collect the reward money

On a serious note, that "wimpy" motor you guys speak of WILL beat a CSVT, no doubt about it. We have a 06' Malibu Maxx right now (rental while the Ranier is in the shop) w/ the same motor and its got some pretty decent power IMO. No, its not the 298 hp of the 350Z or G35, but its not set up that way. This Maxx has the "autostick" type shifter in it too, so if one of you guys with a bone stock CSVT messes around with one, you might get

No it wont. Sorry roger. My dad had the GTP which is the hopped up version. It took me off the line but got run down. Im very close to bone stock too. So if I can hang with the GTP G6 with intake and exhaust Im not worried about the regular GT. <3 standards on the highway

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard