Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1435075 11/14/05 06:36 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I'd wait until the Dodge Rebel(caliber sedan) comes out. Evo AWD+SRT-4 powertrain=cheap Evo w/out econocar looks.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1435076 11/14/05 08:33 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by guitarman19853:
Originally posted by Toadster:
nobody likes my idea of MS6?

Oh yeah i forgot about that! Thats AWD too... I love the design of the 6... How much HP is the turbo 4 putting out?

For the money i rather get a used evo and walk that thing all day long. They only do 60 in like 6.5 sec. not worth the 28k asking price.

01 Focus MTX JRSC, 2.6 pully, and so on.......
#1435077 11/14/05 08:49 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
I'd wait until the Dodge Rebel(caliber sedan) comes out. Evo AWD+SRT-4 powertrain=cheap Evo w/out econocar looks.

But would this car be a reality now, after DC sold their stake in Mitsu last week, and have stated there will be no more collaberation?

If DC did an AWD Caliber, it would more likely now use a Hyundai AWD system.

#1435078 11/14/05 09:57 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by TheAlmightyMe:
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

But would this car be a reality now, after DC sold their stake in Mitsu last week, and have stated there will be no more collaberation?

If DC did an AWD Caliber, it would more likely now use a Hyundai AWD system.

No. DC will continue with all current parts sharing projects with Mitsubishi as before. The selling of the stake in stock will not have an effect on the partnership contract that DC had with Hyundai and Mitsubishi. After all current plans with Mitsu are done, however, that's it. It's done. Mitsu can then go die in the pit it came from. Although I hear that Mitsubishis other industrial interests are trying to support the automaker. Interesting...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1435079 11/14/05 10:51 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
-The new IX has a better interior than the previous gen VIII Evo's and takes to tuning a lot better than the Sti for LESS money.
-MIVEC is not like VTEC or anything else, it's intake side variable only, but takes to tuning a lot better than NON-MIVEC VIII's.
-The Sti is ugly, but the tranny holds up better to launches and you won't get it voided because of abuse like you would in an EVO.
-The Sti is a knife, the EVO a scalpel.
-They make the SAME power when dynoed, about 250awhp, so power wise, they're virtually the same.
-It's a question of handling and interior.
-FYI, the recaro's in the EVO are FAR more comfortable than the STI seats, your back will hurt in them, Sti's are notorious for that.
-Go with that looks better to you, because in terms of performance, they're virtually matched, the EVO is just easier to drive faster.
-Goonz-a twin turbo G35 or 350Z will still be slower than an EVO or STi stock, SPEED did a comparo and the numbers don't look too hot at all for the turbo charged 350's. . .
-the MSP6 is A LOT more expensive than any of those cars, and siginificantly slower. . .the Sti is uglier this year though, so my nod goes for the Evo. . .

#1435080 11/14/05 11:07 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
-The new IX has a better interior than the previous gen VIII Evo's and takes to tuning a lot better than the Sti for LESS money.
-MIVEC is not like VTEC or anything else, it's intake side variable only, but takes to tuning a lot better than NON-MIVEC VIII's.
-The Sti is ugly, but the tranny holds up better to launches and you won't get it voided because of abuse like you would in an EVO.
-The Sti is a knife, the EVO a scalpel.
-They make the SAME power when dynoed, about 250awhp, so power wise, they're virtually the same.
-It's a question of handling and interior.
-FYI, the recaro's in the EVO are FAR more comfortable than the STI seats, your back will hurt in them, Sti's are notorious for that.
-Go with that looks better to you, because in terms of performance, they're virtually matched, the EVO is just easier to drive faster.
-Goonz-a twin turbo G35 or 350Z will still be slower than an EVO or STi stock, SPEED did a comparo and the numbers don't look too hot at all for the turbo charged 350's. . .
-the MSP6 is A LOT more expensive than any of those cars, and siginificantly slower. . .the Sti is uglier this year though, so my nod goes for the Evo. . .

Couldnt agree more^ I drove both on the dragon and the evo takes the cake. Subis are a dime a dozen anyways.

01 Focus MTX JRSC, 2.6 pully, and so on.......
#1435081 11/14/05 11:14 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
The STi is a better handler. According to Motor Trend "You can grab it by the scruff of its neck and throw it around, and it'll reward you with heroic deeds." And, "More fun than the Evo; tossable and a more rewarding drive." It's also cheaper. AND, Subaru has a great warranty program. Mitsubishi may not be in buisiness long, and has always had the worst support in the buisiness. Yes, the Evo is a great car, and is much less common, but did you ever think that there might be a reason more people buy Subies?

Going once...

Going twice...

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
#1435082 11/14/05 11:54 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The straight EVO VIII was SCC car of the year two years straight, Automobile magazine car of the year, and Top ten cars judged by playboy. There might be a reason for that?
Edit, check this out: Top ten fastest 2K5

That's impressive.

Last edited by BStoneMega; 11/14/05 11:56 PM.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
#1435083 11/15/05 01:09 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
The STi is a better handler. According to Motor Trend "You can grab it by the scruff of its neck and throw it around, and it'll reward you with heroic deeds." And, "More fun than the Evo; tossable and a more rewarding drive." It's also cheaper. AND, Subaru has a great warranty program. Mitsubishi may not be in buisiness long, and has always had the worst support in the buisiness. Yes, the Evo is a great car, and is much less common, but did you ever think that there might be a reason more people buy Subies?

Going once...

Going twice...

Not by much......STI is like .93 lateral G and the Evo is .92 lateral G.

I have done my research and for the most part with proper maintainence the EVO is damn reliable car. Just the fact you can gain over 20 WHP with an exhaust and another 20 WHP with a reflached ECU on the EVO wins it for me. All I gotta say is don't knock it until you have driven one.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#1435084 11/15/05 02:01 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Lateral Gs mean jack. It's all about the tires. Handling is a very different thing from lateral grip. The Evo is an awesome car, there is nothing wrong with it. BUT, Mitsu is in a bad way, and has lousy service. They lied about defect to not do recalls. If there was no STi, then the Evo would be great: but the STi is damn close to the same thing, but from a reliable manufacturer. It's not the CAR's reliability I'm concerned about, I'm worried about the maufacturer's ability and willingness to fix things that do go wrong. I see nothing about the Evo that makes it any better than the STi, and certainly not enough better to justify the higher price and take the risk of buying from a company on very shaky ground.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard