Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JyYyM Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Hi, I was looking for a recent post about some of us having touble with our 'tours jerking under load at low RPM's but couldn't find it, anyway...

I was reading yesterday about the secondaries and the linkage to the front bank and went out to my SVT to take a look and guess what... apparently the linkage to the front bank is nowhere to be found and I think this could explain the jerking at low rpms it it was in the open position.

Now I need to know the part numbers to replace this linkage, I think its a rod of some kind, and some bushings to secure it in place on both ends? I hope someone could share some light over this...

And if anyone on that other thread hasn't checked this linkage as a probable cause for the jerky problem you shoud do so, I could see the secondaries open when reving the car but I never checked (didn't know about it ) the other bank until now...

So, anyone knows what I need to buy???

Thanks in advance!

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
are you saying that your problem is when you shift at lower rpm's your car jerks? I think that's what you're saying. My car does the same thing and i've been wondering what the problem has been for awhile.

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
J
JyYyM Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Yes, that's what mine does, I couldn't find the other post where all de descriptions of the problem were, I think you also posted in that thread didn't you?

You should check that linkage right away, I'm almost sure that is what is causing our problem...

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
What kind of spark plugs are you running?

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
J
JyYyM Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
When I bought the car a few months ago it had the motorcrafts, the proper ones I think... and the problem was already there, about a month later I got some iridium ngk's and that's what it's running on right now... I was thinking to get motorcrafts again correctly gapped and all also...

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I don't see how a missing/broken IMRC cabel would cause jerking at low RPM's. If there's no CEL on then it's not going to be the IMRC.

These engines don't seem to like running anything but Motocraft or Autolite sparkplugs. I had some BOSCH one's in my 'tour and they caused the jerking during acceleration up untill about 3200RPM.

I suggust switching to the motocraft plugs and checking your plug wires.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
J
JyYyM Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
the jerk could be caused in my opinion by too much air and there is no Cel because the IMRC is working, but its only connecter to one bank of secondaries.

I will get some motorcrafts though... thanks.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
As much as I'd like to say that Platinum plugs and fancy electrode designs are the next best thing to sliced bread, I have to admit that the good old standard electrode plugs run better than those fancy models in each and every vehicle that I own. As far as life is concerned, they won't go as far, but as far as performance, the good old standard electrode plugs win. Not sure why, just works out that way. I'd love to see some dyno results/charts with several plug types on the same engine. Would be very interesting.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I posted in the other thread about the tour jerking. I've still got the problem and it is seeming to get worse.

I've got Autolight Double plats in it now and have always used them. I don't believe that is the problem. I pulled the three front ones the other night and they looked fine. The only thing I saw was a rust looking color on the white ceramic part of the plug. I believe that is normal but I'm not sure. I've tried looking up what different things attribute to plug failure but the only pics I can find are of the tips of the plugs in illustrations.

Anyways, I think this is a common problem with the tours now and I would love to find out the issue. I'm no expert and would love some help also.

I've recently cleaned the EGR passages and throttle body plus replaced the DPFE. I'm cleaning the MAF tonight to see if that could be the issue. I'm wondering if this could be the EGR or even a clogged cat.

Help!

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Are you guy's saying your car will start doing this jerking thing at low rpm's just driving down the road when you give it a little gas. (say your driving down a city street where your on and off of the gas in 5th and you give it a little gas and it starts jerking really hard) Then i've experienced this also. The way you described what your plugs looked like sound's like normal wear on your plugs. If it were bad plugs or wires, you would notice when you have it barried at higher rpm's you will notice the engine will seem to be missing, or trying to jump forward but just doesn't seem to have the power. The car jerking while the gas pedal is down may be a problem but the car shouldn't be jerking while shifting if driven properly. Hopefully this helps you a little.

'98 CSVT T-Red: K&N High Flow,Ford Racing 9mm wires,OMP STB,Fidanza short shifter,OEM High Flow MAS,Autometer Phantom Gauges,Magnaflow Resonator no Mufflers '01 400EX: some mods!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard