Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DaJudge Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I also don't want any kinds of problems with clearance and offset fitment issues. Do you guys know much about these wheels? I'd like for you guys to be able to give me a thumbs up because I think they don't look too bad and the price sure is right for the combo. Only $508.00, mounted and balanced, before shipping.

Sport Edition F2

Dunlop Graspic DS-2 (205/60-15)

[Edit]

My photo links didn't work so I just listed the wheel and tire by name/model

Last edited by ModBoss; 10/24/05 02:01 PM.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Just plug in what car you have and they'll send you the best set for your car.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'd go with black steel wheels. IMHO it looks kinda cool.

...dating my cousin.
D
DaJudge Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D

Sounds like it might be one of those "close enough" deals. I think I'll go for it.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
D
DaJudge Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D

I originally wanted to go with steel rims but I figured the dealer would want more for them then what I found at tirerack.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
the dunlops are a good tire, have been using them for a few years now

but what we did was buy over time 3 sets of late model 8 spoke SE wheels, well bought two and one set is from my car, got the 2 sets for $100 for all four wheels

then it was about $100 total for the mounting and balancing of the tires

but then again getting it all said and done from tirerack is very easy and often worth the cost

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
I'd go with black steel wheels. IMHO it looks kinda cool.

Rolling ghetto IS cool.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
I just purchased Dunlop Graspics, don't have a seasonal wheel yet; probably mount them on my Borbet Type E rims, now 7 years old, basically good, and find a new set of rims for summer. Looked at the Sport Edition F2; would be interested in knowing how you like them. Price appears unbeatable, especially with no shipping; and the sheels should be easy to clean and wax.

D
DaJudge Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
You'll have to wait for my review on the F2 wheels.
I went to the alignment shop to have things checked out before I invested in new tires. I've always had a problem with tire wear, from my first KDWs to the Kumhos that I'm running now. The guy said it was a problem with -camber.

I decided I'd just go for broke [not kidding] and upgrade my steering and suspension at this time.
Adj. C/C kits, BAT strut kit, 19mm front sb bushings and rear BAT sway bar

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Sounds terrific. I bet you can't wait until you can drive the car post-upgrade. I also plan in Spring to add the BAT euro suspension kit, springs and shocks. I would be interested in knowing how it feels in everday driving compared with your original suspension--smoother, rougher, etc. The SE factory suspension on my 2000 has a really harsh edge to it. Goos luck with your mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard