Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I had the front LCA's replaced as well, do I need to re-do those also?

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No. NOthing to preload there.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Everything is done and went smoothly. Thanks guys!

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Did it get rid of the clunk?

C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Good question. The clunk was coming from the sway bar rubbing against the subframe....so when I had the car up on the lift, I replaced the BAT bushings, and tried to square up the brackets a little as well. On the lift, the bar still looked like it was against the sub-frame. Also, I was super anal and actually "pre-loaded" the sway bar as well...I did this because when the car is up on the lift, the control arms hang down so tightening the bar to the endlinks like this could put more stress on the sway bar, pulling it down. Anyway, the clunk is gone....but last time I greased the bushings the clunk went away but came back in about 3 miles...but I've driven about 30 miles so far and its still good so my fingers are crossed!

C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
No good....the bar is still rubbing against the sub-frame. Its not as bad though, but I think its just because the new bushings are tighter and don't let the bar move as much. But its still definately against the subframe

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Do you think it had something to do with the boxxing of your subframe jim?

C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well...thats a good question. When we pulled the subframe off of the car (before it was fixed) we noticed that there was a scar on the bar from where it was rubbing before (even though it was not making noise). I will note that the bar was on there for 3 years with the original brackets (not reinforced) and they were pretty twisted up. Now that I look at it, when I had the brackets on the subframe redone they should have moved them away from the subframe a bit. I'm going to take it to the shop tomorrow and have them take a look at it. Hopefully there is a way to mess with the U-brackets that hold the bushings so that we can move the bar and bushings further away from the subframe. I'm leaving for school in the afternoon so if it takes more than that I guess I'll have to tackle it over thanksgiving

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard