Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
There is obviously a desperate attempt to find POWDERCOATJOSH, mainly due to his dissapearance from the forums and mainly everywhere. According to some dissapointed customers, he has about $1500 in parts that are still pending to be delivered (some which are passed due promise fullfilment dates by 3 and 4 months) reported, and probably thousands of dollars in parts that belong to other customers that have not yet posted about this here.

The following posts are from the powdercoatingworld forums from desperate customers that need help finding this guy. I thought that I would copy the distress signal onto this site for if anyone else can help they can contact these customers...

Here they are...

Originally posted by nvmycat:
I'm currently going insane with fustration - I've been without parts that were sent to Greg/Josh since May!

Powdercoating World had my MAF/TB and full set of Valve Covers for almost 5 months now. I'm currently out all my parts and almost 300.00 PLUS I have a 3L project on hold because I need those parts for the build.

Every email I have sent has gone ignored - every PM that I have sent on CEG either says "so sorry they will go out Monday" or again goes ignored. Any phonecall goes directly to an answering machine which never states who its for.

WHO CAN I CONTACT TO GET MY PARTS DONE AND SENT BACK? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Christina Conter

Originally posted by liquidX:
Join the gang of desperate customers. Me and Sam have both been trying to get a hold of this guy for months at a time sometimes. Voicemails, text messages, PMs, posts, calls... nothing seems to work. I know... it's not easy. I sold both my stock bumpers to him and need my stock foglamp brackets and Sam needs actual money from a good faith fractional payment for his parted out SVT's tranny. Ridiculous at this point. Me and Sam are planning to get a hold of him via other ways at the moment. I will let you know if we get through.

XL

Originally posted by Pyro81:
I'm in the same situation. I sent a spare set of valve covers i had, my svt UIM and throttlebody, that section of intake that the iac hose attaches to, and my MAF and MAF adapter last June. My order totaled over $400.

At first communication wasn't bad. But then i was told that his oven took a [censored] on him and he had to build a new one. Since then i've barely gotten a reply from him. All of my emails have been ignored. And almost all my PM's to him on the CEG forums have gone unanswered as well. But then i finally got a PM from him on there on the 8th of August:

Originally posted by powdercoatjosh:

Re: Parts
Status is COMPLETE ---thank god !!! Will send you tracking info ASAP

Happy that he was finally done i waited for shipping info...which never came. So, i started the whole emailing/PM'ing process over again. To which he never replied to them...again. Then, i get an email on the 25th of August in which he said:

Originally posted by powdercoatjosh:

Greg@powdercoatingworld.com wrote:
OK man , I finally got all the BS out of the way and all your stuff done .....want a pic of your TB and UIM ? just for a tease

At this point i'm a bit aggravated so i email him back and said that i don't care for a pic, i just want my stuff back.
Now, here we are, a month later and STILL NO [censored] WORD FROM HIM!
Thankfully, somebody gave me his phone numbers since he doesn't list them on his site. But, like nvmycat said, all i get is a machine to which the person doesn't even identify themselves. It's just "We're not here, leave a message." Hell, for all i know i'm leaving messages at some strange dudes house. The cell number isn't any better...
I don't wish to start flaming him or to start a hate thread here. I just want my stuff finished and back in my hands. It's been almost 4 months now. I want to know what the hell is goin on. Is my stuff finished or not, and if so, what the hell is taking him so long to ship my stuff back to me.
Also, i'd like to add that at present moment my car has no MAF or IAT sensor. The MAF is with him and the IAT is just sitting out in the open. There is no place to put it as my intake consists of a stock UIM/throttlebody, then goes to the accordion tube and then strait to a cone filter. I don't want to cut the accordion just so i can put the IAT sensor back in the intake path. Where as my car is still driveable, it's just not a good idea to drive it a lot. So i only start and drive it if absolutely necessary. I absolutely need these parts back now. The body work is almost complete and i don't want to have to drive it back home without those intake pieces if i can help it. I could have it towed, i supposed. But i really don't want to see my fresh body work and paint screwed up by some hillbilly jackass that don't give a [censored].
So if you guys happen to get a hold of him. Let me know how. Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

If anyone else is in the same position as these folks please post your details here, and additionally post any contact details you may know regarding Josh. Josh came onto this site as a very knowledgeable and helpful member and was even a nice guy in person but has not shined when it comes to delivering what he promises and has excecuted poor business ethics. There are many unhappy customers out there still waiting 5 months and others with 3 liter projects on hold because of this.

Thanks for your cooperation...

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Why hasn't somebody contacted a law enforcement agency yet? I'd say POWDERCOAT boy has pushed it far enough!!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

Lost enough faith in him already? Something's come up- you need to realize this. Josh was too damn nice to screw up and he will follow through; if not then he's letting me down on my arguement. I've been caught owing money before, and it took months to get it back to who I borrowed from. Not once did the guy question my whereabouts or ask about the cash. Either he was extremely patient or quietly frustrated.. Or he just had faith! A month is a month; you cant even use a month's spare cash to fix, say, powdercoating eqipment if it's broken. Im just throwing thoughts out here- I dont want to come off sounding negative.

I don't ship my parts out to anyone for any reason. Besides, who the hell would want my car parts? In all seriousness, parts canbe dropped and broken in freak occurrences. Etc. I could go on, but you know what im sayin.

If anyone else is in the same position as these folks please post your details here, and additionally post any contact details you may know regarding Josh.

This just doesn't sound like a good idea. Wouldnt it be best to be PMed the information, not in the public thread?

I always had good contacts with Josh. Considering recent personal events involving my friend and his un-characteristic behaviors, I wouldn't pass up the thought that Josh is held back by broken equipment or something. Businesses do not come out say they're incapable of doing work..

I hope I don't sound too negative. I just feel something's up that Josh didn't expect.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I pmed him about powdercoating my strut tower brace and never heard back from him. Lot sof you are having this problem, and it has been overa month for some of you. The longer you wait, the harder it is to track the guy. Find him now and clear things up. Worst case scenario is you would owe him an apology, but he should understand. I am sure he seemed like a nice guy, but nowadays you cant trust anybody.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Pre98:
Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

Lost enough faith in him already?

Originally posted by Pyro81:

Wasted a few keystrokes there? I didn't type that part. But I get your main point. Regardless, the purpose of posting in an open thread is to allow exposure of this situation and provide other involved CEGers with a chance to exhaust their frustration and alert Josh that they mean business. A public thread will allow Josh to understand that he needs to communicate with these people NOW, whether good news or bad news. These guys are desperate for their parts and not just laying back and lounging with a cold Corona while their 3 liter project and daily driver are on hold for 5 months (a month is a month but 5 freaken months? Dude come on!)...

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Who cares why? This is business ... bad business. Get the police involved, I'll bet that will get his attention. I remember not too long ago there was a similar situation (headlights) once the police were involved it got resolved.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
the few times I did actually get responses to my pm's or emails they would always say that the parts are done or that all they needed was a clearcoat and then he could ship.. those responses were almost a month and a half ago..

ALSO the biggest kicker is that he was posting pictures of my orange valve covers on every board advertising for himself and yet he can't send them out? that was about 3 months ago..

I'm a very patient person.. but after 5 months I tend to get quite irritated and lose faith in anyone.. I'm sick of waiting regardless of the situation on his end - Especially when the parts are supposedly done and I've already relayed my address for shipping 5 times at his request because he keeps losing it?

ARGH!

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Okay... anyone that has been affected, or is affected now, can Contact LiquidX, NVMYCAT (or others directly involved) via PM. Discussion of work PRACTICES can be posted here, as well as publicly posted WORK address, or contact info.

NO personal information or contact info of Josh's will be posted publicly.

There is such thing as privacy. You guys are free to distribute whatever information you obtain to those affected via PM.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
X wait a minute.....josh was just down to your house to buy your bumpers.....remember you calling me asking me to 2-way josh on my nextel.....you told me to tell josh to go to your house......you know where josh has been, you just saw him a week ago.

L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Ray:
You guys are free to distribute whatever information you obtain to those affected via PM.

Ray

In a shorter summary, that's what I meant. DO post that you know how to get a hold of him here, but pass along the actual contact information on PM. Thanks Ray.

XL

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard