Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1396363 09/28/05 01:12 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I was wondering if that other thread would get canned. Let's keep this legit. BTW - I see little value in D/L music of any quality anyway - I usually want the whole album if it's any good, and I respect the artist (if not RIAA) enough to buy it (and get the album art). For the few remaining one-hit wonders and the like - $0.99 isn't bad. Anyway, I'm really interested in

Quote:

If you have purchased the tracks you can send them to your iPod using Real Player's Rhapsody. I was able to successfully import all my tracks to Rhapsody and have been able to not only play them but also burn them using Rhapsody's software. I would also be able to send them to a iPod if I had one, but I don't. I switched from Napster to Rhapsody because Napster's selection sucks, Rhapsody has much more music. And I don't use Limewire or anything else cause I want legit music and don't want to mess with pop-ups or spyware.

this info. Do I need to pay for each track, the full $0.99? PSU pays for a limited Napster subscription that lets me download certain tracks and try them out, but I can't do anything with them - they're stuck on my PC. I wouldn't mind checking out some new music from time to time, but I just don't listen to that much unless I'm in the computer lab working on a project, or in the car. If I pay for the $5/month upgrade can I then put them on an iPod?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I use the itunes website, upload them to my ipod. I also have a napster subscription, 10 bucks a month allows me to listne to a very large assortment (not all, though) of music. I've never actually bought an individual download to beable to burn to a CD. Everyhting get's put on my Ipod MP# player and played through my jvc headunit.

It "can" get costly, but when I add up discounts, etc, etc.. it comes out to about costing me 7-8 bucks for a full 15 song albumn, and they are just as clear, if not clearer than CD's.

Totally beets the crap out of most of that "illegal sharing".

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Are there any sites that allow you to completely "own" free and clear the songs you purchase? Does any site allow you to download, burn, create an MP3, etc. out of the same song?

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Yeah, everysong you PAY for is yours. Exmaple, when I pay 99 cents for a Itune, it is mine, free to burn onto a CD, etc. By paying for the song, you own teh rights to it.

Where as napster, you pay 10 bucks amonth to listen to songs of your choice- but don't own the rights to.. unless you pay for th esong itself (99 cents)

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
itunes does.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
Yeah, everysong you PAY for is yours. Exmaple, when I pay 99 cents for a Itune, it is mine, free to burn onto a CD, etc. By paying for the song, you own teh rights to it.

Where as napster, you pay 10 bucks amonth to listen to songs of your choice- but don't own the rights to.. unless you pay for th esong itself (99 cents)

technically no. you don't own the rights to it. you own the right to play it for yourself or for others in a non-profitable way.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:

technically no. you don't own the rights to it. you own the right to play it for yourself or for others in a non-profitable way.

~Andrew

Sorry, thast what I meant... not, "rights" technically.. like, i can't copy it and sell it off. See, look.. you are already proving your moderatorship!!

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Viss1:
Are there any sites that allow you to completely "own" free and clear the songs you purchase? Does any site allow you to download, burn, create an MP3, etc. out of the same song?

Ares is a good site.

Oh, and Lance Kinley (webmaster) is a tool. "Discussions of where to download (steal) music will not be tolerated. Any further discussions on the subject that I see will be met with penalties. I think that is a reasonable request.
" BLAH BLAH BLAH

Downloading music is not steeling.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVT25:
Originally posted by Viss1:

Ares is a good site.

Oh, and Lance Kinley (webmaster) is a tool. "Discussions of where to download (steal) music will not be tolerated. Any further discussions on the subject that I see will be met with penalties. I think that is a reasonable request.
" BLAH BLAH BLAH

Downloading music is not steeling.

Oh Snap!!!!

(Bye bye!!)

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Yeah i couldnt really care any less if he actually does boot me. The SVT is for sale.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard