Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Need opinions & or feedback on anything i can do..i'm getting really frustrated.

I've been trying to seriously sell my CSVT for about 5 months now...i did take it off the market for about 2 months in that time waiting for a stalling buyer but I stopped waiting on him & now its back on the market (First come first server with a lower price)I just can't get any serious buyers??

personally i think its a steal @ $6200
car is super clean & only needs a new IMRC (current one works, but is tempremental). my CSVT is a 2000 CSVT with 62k miles. (tons of mods & extras) you guys have probably seen it in the classifieds, or know it & me from this forum (i've been on here since the summer of 2000..did the first CF hood group buy etc...)

whats your guys opinions on my sale...anything i should do to try to get rid of this car.
think i should try autotrader?
its been on craigslist, contour.org, svtperformance & a couple other auto forums...a lot of good comments that people like it, just no serious buyers with $.

I need to get rid of it ASAP. New baby, new home & 3 cars....one of the cars has to go.

check out my add & any feedback you have would be greatly appriciated.
let me know if you think i should make any changes to help me sell it quicker

2000 SVT (silver) #1529 of 2150 ------------------- yeah...its modded "having no way as way and no limitation as limitation"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Good deal, but its just not a well known car. Also, you could try just fixing the imrc. That way there are no 'negatives' with the car...

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I think living in PA hurts a bit. If you lived in towards the MI area, you wouldnt have a problem selling the car.

Also, with the summer season coming to an end, people arent in the market for a sports sedan as much.

If you were selling the car this time next year, I would seriously be interested in buying the car since the lease on the Miata is up in June.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Then you can do what you mentioned to me

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I just went through the same thing. I had plans twice to meet up with the guy to get some cash downso i could hold it for him. and on the days i was going to meet him i couldnt contact him. Mine might not be a steal but i think its a good price. I have it on autotrader now so maybe ill get a few bites now. The thing that kills me is i really need the cash right now so i can replace the outdated heating sytem in my house. Well, good luck to both of us i guess...

Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Not many buyers are looking for cars that are extensively modded. Your car is nice, but it is personalized to suit your tastes, not many people want something that is almost complete. It kind of sucks the fun out of it, I say sell off your mods and try selling it as stock looking as possible.

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
I say sell off your mods and try selling it as stock looking as possible.

This is probably the best solution.

I honestly looked at your car prior to purchasing the one I bought, but I didn't care for the driver seatbelt and CF hood.

Most people looking for these cars are going to want stock looking or very subdued mods. Some of the other stuff is just a bit too "young" for me (showing my age ). The boy-racer crowd is going to be looking for a Honda, not a Ford.

And also, repair the IMRC. Most people looking wouldn't know what an IMRC is, much less how to repair it.

Good Luck!

'98.5 SVT#5826 of 6535, Silver Frost-As fun to drive as my old MR2 and way more practical! Not as much fun to drive as my Turbo Rx7 was, but it starts every time!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Your car is very nice but I think that QuickSVT and SVTCJ may be on to something.
Some people are hesitant about a modded car, who did the mods, what experience did this person have with the mechanical aspects, etc.
I agree, selling off some of the mods and making it more stock may help you sell it faster.
I wish you luck!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
About a year ago one of the sometimes posters on this site found the need to sell his extremely clean and low milage used SVT. His family had grown and he felt the need to replace it with a mini van. His was unmodded. He knew that as nice as it was, he should get a good price for it. After asking a lot of questions here about how to market it, he found that the serious buyers, at least from southern California, read AutoTrader. I don't know if it as active in your area as it is here.

I also agree that it may help if you remove some of the mods and sell them seperately. Most definitely make sure that it runs right so if you have a question about the IMRC, replace it.

You want to be able to tell a prospetcive buyer "if you drive it, you will probably buy it".

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Reading the last few comments is EXACTLY why I kept all my stock stuff as I modded my car , even as lightly modded as it is . When I decide to sell , I could swap back the SVT suspension , grille , rear reflector , gen.2 sails , wheels , badges , center console & so on , if I see fit . I certainly think as the CSVT get on in age , stock is the way people will want them (and low mileage is certainly a plus too ) .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard