Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Does the driver's side power window regulator come with the cover (with the pulley inside) that goes over the gear on the motor?

The window stopped working and when I pulled the cover off the motor to see what's wrong, I found the cable for the regulator all twisted up inside of it. (By the way, packaging tape is strong enough to hold the window up..I put some paper over the window frame to protect the paint so the only thing the tape is sticking to is the window).

At this point it looks like I just need a new regulator, the gear on the motor is OK and the motor still moves. (I was told by the Ford dealer that the regulator does not come with the motor).

If I do need a new motor, Rockauto.com has the Motorcraft power window motor for about $50 minus the core charge.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I found out that the regulator comes with everything except the motor. The Motorcraft rebuilt motor is far cheaper at rockauto.com than it is at even a discount internet Ford dealer. About $55 vs. $125. I decided to get a rebuilt motor because the old one has a seal that's all chewed up and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS REPAIR OVER AGAIN.

I removed the regulator from the motor and the regulator's wire was all twisted up under that cover. I mean it was like a knot of wire and untwisting it isn't an option. Even if it could be untwisted, the wire was frayed and several strands were cut.

Since the door is apart (and the other one can be in a couple of minutes), I'm going to finally install the replacement speakers I bought to put in that car about 2 years ago (or maybe it was 3 years ago?).

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard