Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by Huntervf:
Could get lost and end up at some strip club in Windsor

i'll be following you!

Black 1998 Mustang GT - The Usual Bolt-Ons, PI Swap, and Some Boost! My Old Ride
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I've been told by someone who's raced all over the state that Lapeer is a crap hole and doesn't even have a sign that tells everyone what you ran, you've got to go to the tower for your slip I think I'm just going to go to Ubly on the 22nd or 23rd of October and also bring my Dad along so we can run his Vette and see what it runs

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Lapeer is Family owned for sure... but I wouldn't call it a crap hole.

The line usually seems to be pretty grippy.

There is no ET display.. but you just show your friends your slip anyway.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Lapeer is by far the worst track around. I've been there several times. the only way you can get track is if you either don't make any power or have slicks. The only thing good about lapeer is that it is usually not very busy so you aren't waiting in line all day like at other tracks allowing you to get as many runs in as you want.

Black 1998 Mustang GT - The Usual Bolt-Ons, PI Swap, and Some Boost! My Old Ride
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Since not alot of people seem to like lapeer how about a meet at milan instead?

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Milan's a great time if you like sitting around and looking at the track not driving it.

My headers look to have a chance of being done by the 29th.. crossing my fingers... and I'll be there either way.

Honestly I don't think milan is any better a surface than lapeer.. it might look nicer but I don't think it's any better.. most of the time they put down soo much vht for slicks street tires grip like crap.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Lapeer is nice in that it's not a crowded track and you can get a lot of runs in. No timing boards, but you do get your slip so it's not like you're just making blind passes. And for those less interested in times and more interested in just running your friends without worry of law enforcement then all the better. I've talked to lots of folk who've ran really strong times there on street tires... traction all depends on the day & conditions, and that can be said for any 1/4 track, not just this one.

The fall Lapeer meet has been a staple Tri-State event for a few years now, and as I said before we pull people in from as far away as New England for this run, so changing the details of the event is definitely out of the question. As long as the sun is shining we should see 20 + cars running, not including any CEG'ers who want to show up

To each his own obviously, but the invite is out there. I've seen some REALLY quick runs at Lapeer and I think this will be a great event for those who choose to attend.

-Chris 93 ATX SHO Ultra Red Evil ATX clone to Todras 91 SHO plus black/black, work in progress http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I've never ran my car at the track... If I have it running good by then (No CEL's), I'll definetely race. Either way, I'll probably come out to watch and do whatever...

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
as he said we've been doin this event since like 2003 and is always a good time. last time i raced i got 20+ passes. u have to rent a helmet which is $5, but u can always share amongst eachother. always have a great turnout and is bunch of fun.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/silver95taurus/silverknight2copy.jpg[/IMG] 95 SilverFrost Taurus SE 3.0 modded 62 Blue Cadillac Sedan Deville 390ci Tri-State SVT/SHO
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
So who's going?

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard