Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I am about to switch up my supplement stack and workout regimen, and would like to know what has been the optimal supplement stack to cause a considerable increase in strength/size in the shortest timeframe with minimum side effects. I just completed a 6-week supplementation of NO-Xplode and Nitrix combined with Myoplex 42g Protein complex and amino acids for post-workout recovery.

A 10lb gain was been experienced with this setup thanks to my strict high-input diet, and I'm fairly happy with the results but seek something more extreme. As a first step I am planning on switching my protein to Whey, but need advice on what else to try out. If you guys have found something that works even better or perhaps a "holy grail" alternative that is natural, please share. If you have any suggestions or advice with using an anabolic alternative, I wouldn't mind hearing those as well. Thank you.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Look into getting some casein protein into your diet before you go to bed. Creatine is a possiblity and if you really want some "extreme" gains try this . I have no experience with it but people who take it do claim to get some great results. It might not be for you, but if you are careful with the dosages (you need to be) it can work for you.

edit: btw I am no bodybuilder but I've done loads of research and am seeing some gains for the first time in my life. My personal stack is lots of whey protein, 4g creatine ethyl ester (2 upon waking up, 2 post workout), and about 25grams of casein protein before I go to bed. And lotssss and lots of water.

Last edited by deftoned989; 09/20/05 06:53 PM.

99 Silver CSVT
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I get about 1200 calories a day through my protein shakes. My shake is:
* 2 scoops ON whey
* .5 cups skim milk
* .5 cup Oats
* 2 tbsp flax seed
* .5 cup Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt
* 1 banana or frozen raspberries

My morning shake is the above, and my afternoon shake is exactly half that. They cover all the bases (good carbs, good protein, fruit, heart health).

I don't lift to get big; in fact, I only lift 3 days a week (do cardio the other three). But I feel with my nutrition regimen that if I wanted to get big I could (meaning I feel like I could lift a lot more if I wanted to). I guess I will find out this winter when I try it.

If you want to get big fast, take creatine. I never would, but if bigger muscles are what you want then creatine's a good way to get it. I don't pay attention to anything more complicated than protein and creatine because I don't want to modify my body's chemistry in any way.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'm sure you have used Creatine before. It is great for increasing strength, in order to do more and heavier sets. You will be able to work out more often as you will notice a significant difference in healing time.

Pump-Tech is a great product, but expensive. You will notice much bigger and longer lasting pumps during and after even a moderate workout. They suggest like 7 pills a day, which is ridiculous. I take 2 a day on regular days, and 3 on workout days.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Big_B:
I'm sure you have used Creatine before. It is great for increasing strength, in order to do more and heavier sets. You will be able to work out more often as you will notice a significant difference in healing time.

Correct. I am currently using ASN Glutamine/Creatine blend for pre-workout along with the aforementioned stack, and so far so good. The only thing I had planned for a change was the type of protein being supplied (Isolate to Whey), but had not planned any changes for additional supplementation. I think I will give the Nitric Oxides a 3-4 week break, and then go on it again for 8 weeks.

Trying to avoid the hormonal alternative as Davo said. I guess nothing comes cheap or fast when done naturally. Regardless, the stack worked to a degree for me, so if it aint broke, I aint fixing it. Will add some fruits and oats to my shake for heart health. Can't forget the most important muscle of the body.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
What would Ahhnold do?!?

seriously you guys are nuts! I wasnt sure if I was readin an article about supplements or stumbled upon some kind of lecture. Do all these things really work that well? I mean i bought some WHEY more once and had some kind of creatine pills (forget the name) but i didnt see much change (admittedly I didnt stick to the plan for very long) What happened to eating 6-8 small meals a day, drinking 2 gallons of water and varying the angles and weights your lifting and sleeping 8 hours a day? How much you guys spending on all this stuff?

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
A bottle of Pump Tech is like $70, but it lasts a month. Creatine and whey protein is usually cheap, like $20 for a large tub. Weight gainer can be more expensive depending on what you get.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
seriously you guys are nuts! I wasnt sure if I was readin an article about supplements or stumbled upon some kind of lecture. Do all these things really work that well? I mean i bought some WHEY more once and had some kind of creatine pills (forget the name) but i didnt see much change (admittedly I didnt stick to the plan for very long) What happened to eating 6-8 small meals a day, drinking 2 gallons of water and varying the angles and weights your lifting and sleeping 8 hours a day? How much you guys spending on all this stuff?

In my experience, I didn't start seeing significant results until I started on the protein shakes. And though the results with creatine can be accelerated, you still have to lift hard to see them. Eating 6-8 small meals, etc. per day is good to keep your metabolism up, but it's not going to enhance muscle growth without a lot of protein and without any weight training. The whey is not very expensive. I pay about $30 (shipping included) for a one-month supply (5 lbs of ON whey). If I were to figure out what food I'd need in order to get the nutrition in that protein, it would cost a lot more than $1 per day.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
What happened to eating 6-8 small meals a day, drinking 2 gallons of water and varying the angles and weights your lifting and sleeping 8 hours a day? How much you guys spending on all this stuff?

Yeah, you pretty much have to do all of that, but giving your body what it needs along the way can't hurt. Lots of people don't have time for 6-8 meals so supplements are necessary and recommended.

Also, I've spent about $450 on stuff since March, but I was a little too ambitious and buying unnecessary stuff. The stack I take now costs me about $50 a month, which is manageable.

99 Silver CSVT
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
What would Ahhnold do?!?

My uncle isnt ahnold, but he is just as big. He was a pro body builder and never used more than a protein shake cause he liked the taste. I guess he just kept it old school!

Example of his old schoolness: he has a membership at a nice gym, but created his own set of weights for lifting at home. He made them out of a long big ass pipe and two huge chunks of cement, one stuck to each end.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard