Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
but why not the taurus idea, or even getting the alternatively powered contour?

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Whoa! Isn't methanol by itself highly flammable?

Quote:

Methanol is used on a limited basis to fuel internal combustion engines, mainly by virtue of the fact that it is not nearly as flammable as gasoline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

From the article.
"A methanol flame is almost colorless. Care should be exercised around burning methanol to avoid burning oneself on the almost invisible fire."

And she was thinking of doing the blend herself. Not buying a methanol blend at the pump.

the methanol gets mixed with veggie oil and lye it never gets near a flame. But thanks for your concern

Well smartass, the details to the proceduer were posted at about the same time i made my post. Look at the time you posted and the time on my last post Dub-A$$. My response was based on the article blurb. Changing my oil is no danger to me, the mechanic is the one that needs to worry,,,lol

I drive a Ford, what else do you need to know??
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
making bio-diesel isnt a risk atall there really isnt any problem with it, i saw an epsoide of trucks and kelly made bio diesel with a kit you can by , and he didnt even use store bought oil he used old oil from a mcdonalds or something along that line, and it really isnt hard or dangerous, dont get me wrong things can still happen but thats true with anything you do , a llittle risk for gas thats 70$ a gallon or pay 3.20 at the pump , you choose

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I use nitro for my rc cars and on the side of the bottle it says 99% methanol and thats 20$ per gallon

I run it too. You have to remember in there its castor oil, and nitromethanye in addition ot methanol.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
now that gas is more expensive than diamonds

Which diamonds would these be? African, Canadian, Australian, industrial, cuttable, alluvial, marine, pipe...???

Just giving you a hard time Dub... Lol, sorry 6 hours per day studying diamonds is turning my brain to mush...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
L
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
L
im also about to buy the bio diesel kit to make my own, since im no longer in iowa where i can get the 20% soy bio-diesel at the pump since my other ride the powerstroke only gets about 21 mpg this will make it far cheaper the the mystique to drive a lot more pratcle and most likely faster. as of yet i have not found the race fluid were im at but ill let you know when i do

1998 mercury Mystique 2.5L with that stupid slush box only engine mod so far a optimized tb dark blue with midnight blue leather interior finnaly got rid of the door ding guards and pinstripe
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard