Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Got slowed down by work and LED Tails. Probably going to happen some time next week...

ok

::fingers still crossed::

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Good luck fitting your headlights onto the car when they are all done. Your BMW projectors are way too long, and without major modification to the area behind the highbeam structures, I truly doubt that you will be able to fit them in. The way your housing sits, it seems to be way too deep for them to fit. Add to that the long projectors and you have some major issues...

It is good to see that you chose to go your own route, but I don't understand why you did not go for the tested and proven method of using all Hella modules...

Even with them, it is a total pain in the ass to mount. We'll see how well you manage...

Let me know if I can be of any additional help.

Thanks for voicing the concern, but im wondering why you think im wrong for going with the bmw projector. The Hella 90mm projector is 5.6 inches deep, and fits like you say with no problems. The BMW projectors I bought are only 5.5 inches deep. So there is a disconnect in my head as to why it wont fit.

The housing itself is only about a quarter of an inche deeper than normal, So im not sure why that would keep me from mounting them to the car, but i guess ill ahve to wait and see wont I!

As for why I didnt go the 'tested proven' method, Ill ask you, why did you do LED tail lights? to be different.

I think these BMW projectors are going to look nice when its all done. Ive just got to get my hands on some chrome trim rings.

Any more concerns milan? Im noting what you've mentioned and ill check it all out tomorrow.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Yeah, why don't we wait then. Everything else seems all good. Let me know how the fitting goes.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Cool, it's like the projector boom of 2005. So many people have done them recently despite the difficulty....shows the dedication of our members.

It's cool to see all the variations.

Good luck on the project man, hope it goes smoothly.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
It is good to see that you chose to go your own route, but I don't understand why you did not go for the tested and proven method of using all Hella modules...

Last I heard, that didn't work too well. Oh, I guess I could be thinking of something else.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I really want to attempt a projector set-up. I think I can pull it off, but I think Im waiting for morettes. I want to see if projectors can fit in those. If so,

Ever since I got HIDs I have become a bit of a headlight freak. I notice more and more different setups, and not a single car with HIDs goes by without me noticing.

I think my favorite lights right now are the Audi HID projectors. Man those things catch my eye every time.

Pudmunkie, looks great so far. I like your mounting idea with a new plastic plate in back, seems that would be much easier to seal with a bead of silicone. Just make a continuous bead around the edges underneath.

I have to ask BlackwidowSVT, as he has my old lights I hightowered, but when I had them I had ZERO condensation. He has had them on much longer than I did, Ive been meaning to ask him how they have held up.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I really want to attempt a projector set-up. I think I can pull it off, but I think Im waiting for morettes. I want to see if projectors can fit in those. If so,

Ever since I got HIDs I have become a bit of a headlight freak. I notice more and more different setups, and not a single car with HIDs goes by without me noticing.

I think my favorite lights right now are the Audi HID projectors. Man those things catch my eye every time.

agreed

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I really like the way you did the rears of the housings. I wanted to try to bend plastic, but never actually attempted it. Make sure the rear of the housing fits inside the radiator core support, I had to "clearance" a section of the fiberglass support to get the rear of the highbeam side to sit flush again, due to the depth of the new highbeams. You're on your way to getting it done. The hardest part for me was figuring out how to mount the lights. Once that was done, the rest was "cake."

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thanks for the kind words everyone

I figure there will be a bit of massaging Ill have to do to make it all fit right.

Chris, i have become like you, these headlights have consumed me lol. Ive been noticing all the other set ups and such. I really wish i could have gotten ahold of some ece valeo h7 projectors, but i found these bmw's which are really nice also!

Time to go put in my 8 hours at work, then i can start my real work

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by LoganB:
someone needs to start a GB for these I want some sets..

I agree....and maybe for some LED's for the rear like QuickSilver's set up...those two would look great..

1999 Contour SE 2.5 Duratec Stock, can't wait to do some mods!
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard