Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well, my ghetto rig HID system [censored] the bucket, so I decided it would be awesome to just upgrade the whole shebang...

And so it started with:

I Couldnt decide how I wanted to mount the high beams so I sat in my awesome garage and contemplated the best way (or at least a way I think might work)

I started grinding and cutting the back of the housing out to give myself something flat to mount to, and make it easy to seal:

Bending plastic:

Shaping the back, and attatching the bottom:

Sealing the new backing to the old housing:

quick teaser:

Ive still got to permanantly mount the projectors, and then figure out how to mount the BMW projectors. Then Ill have to make a cover plate like dion and amarv have done.

If any of you veteran retrofiters see something that needs to be adressed PLEASE let me know, either here or in PMs!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Well, other than the fact that your garage is waaay to clean, everything seems just fine. One thing I would recommend though, is before you mount the lights back in the car, check the beam alignment before you seal the lenses on. After you get everything sealed up, block one of the housings vent holes, throw a little compressed air in the other hole and go over the whole thing with soapy water. Find them pin holes BEFORE you get the water inside !

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
wow looking like you are coming along great. cant wait to see them done. is the front plate on the lights going to be CF? will you have these done by the 3rd?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I havent been able to get ahold of the people who sold Dion his CF insert peices, so it may just be a flat black abs plastic.

I would love for them to be done by the third, but I doubt it. Its also looking like im going to have to work then anyway .

As for the cleaness of the garage, its my pops art peice in progress. Each time he or I get a new tool, we have the fun task of finding a niche for it

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
CF would be sweeeet ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by weasel:
CF would be sweeeet ...

heres a little help from Dion the man himself

Clicky!

T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
someone needs to start a GB for these I want some sets..

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Good luck fitting your headlights onto the car when they are all done. Your BMW projectors are way too long, and without major modification to the area behind the highbeam structures, I truly doubt that you will be able to fit them in. The way your housing sits, it seems to be way too deep for them to fit. Add to that the long projectors and you have some major issues...

It is good to see that you chose to go your own route, but I don't understand why you did not go for the tested and proven method of using all Hella modules...

Even with them, it is a total pain in the ass to mount. We'll see how well you manage...

Let me know if I can be of any additional help.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Good luck fitting your headlights onto the car when they are all done. Your BMW projectors are way too long, and without major modification to the area behind the highbeam structures, I truly doubt that you will be able to fit them in. The way your housing sits, it seems to be way too deep for them to fit. Add to that the long projectors and you have some major issues...

It is good to see that you chose to go your own route, but I don't understand why you did not go for the tested and proven method of using all Hella modules...

Even with them, it is a total pain in the ass to mount. We'll see how well you manage...

Let me know if I can be of any additional help.

milan what ever happened to you picking the lucky winner for the projectors? jw

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Got slowed down by work and LED Tails. Probably going to happen some time next week...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard