Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I didn't really want rear speakers. I knew I put very good equipment up front where proper sound-staging should be. Also, no one really sits behind me so there's no need for speakers back there. Music from the Z6's on a wall sounds good but if they're properly amped they sound awesome. Now awesome to me may be different from your interpretation... I wanted absolute accurate reproduction of music as if I were there listening to it live. That's what I found with the Z6's . The MBQuart QSD's sounded good too but in a different way. If you listened to Dave Mathews he sounded for real on the Z6's but on the MBQ's Dave had grown some nads and got hair on his chest. Some may like that "artificial" sound to their music but I prefer the real thing.

Jack

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Sounds like the Bostons are "leaner" than Quarts. How do they sound on Classic Rock, Eagles, Genesis, even Def Leppard? (Unless that music is too old, it might be!)

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
That stuff isn't too old for me... and more to the point, it's that type of acoustical music that really makes you appreciate listening through audiophile grade equipment. I think the Boston's do a great job at acurately reproducing music as it was recorded - So the flaws I hear in Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" CD make themselves known. I personaly really enjoy the Eagles Hell Freezes Over Live album and listen to it often. Don's voice comes across as if he was singing from somewhere in my dash and the band plays all around him. That CD rocks and to hear it now on the equipment I have now makes a world of difference. All my old CD's became new because of all the little details you never heard before from lesser quality speakers. From DJ Baby Anne to Dido to 2PAC everything sounds awesome. Now don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that you can't get a good quality speaker for less - I just wanted the best. This is the type of equipment that you can take out of your car and put in your next car and next car because it's that good.

Sorry for the long winded post over such a simple question. It's just that I am passionate about the Z6's because of the 4 months I studied just to make the right decision.

Jack

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
You explain why you like them, very well! And you still like them in the long run, even better!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard