Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
SAAB converted a 9-3 with an ethanol turbo engine. It's 2l or so but with the turbo puts out like 175hp.

I think ethanol will be the future, not hybrids, or anything like that. It slides right into the currect infrastructure, it's cheap to produce, cheap to harvest, cheap to refine, and we have a glut of grain on the world market and domestically too. The only problem is if the oil lobbyists dont' shoot it down.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yes, the war was for oil, that is why gas prices continue to climb.
Originally posted by �½ * �½ = �¼:
Originally posted by Davo:
You should be glad they're investing in American companies instead of starting new wars for oil.

There you have it from a republican. Proof that the war is not against terrorism, it is for oil.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by caltour:
[PEANUTS TEACHER VOICE]wah, wah wah.....

Questions:

1. The oil companies are making huge profits nowadays. Should ordinary taxpayers like you and me be giving them our tax dollars as well?

2. Why did the House conservatives support this bill? I can remember a long time ago, when conservatives were against corporate welfare. [/PEANUTS TEACHER VOICE]

1. Oil companies only listen to money. When the gov't waves money at them to drill domestically, they jump.

2. You really think conservatives are against corporate welfare? Who's lobbyists do you think takes them out to golf?

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I disagree with domestic oil drilling. We should tap everyone else dry before using our own.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I think we need to put some kind of chemical in the oil reserves that turns it into peanut butter. Then, we would be forced to figure out a better way to go motorin'!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by PowerChris 5000:
I think we need to put some kind of chemical in the oil reserves that turns it into peanut butter. Then, we would be forced to figure out a better way to go motorin'!

NOT an enthusiast in the traditional sense.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by PowerChris 5000:

I'd just spend my days trying to make an oven big enough to make that much bread.

Then I'd spend my days eating peanutbutter ... mmmm

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Quote:

I disagree with domestic oil drilling. We should tap everyone else dry before using our own.

Do the drilling/pipelines/etc NOW and be PREPARED to pump it...but leave it the ground as part of strategic reserves. It takes 5-7 years from approval to reality. Long time to wait if you need it.

Hydrogen power..as I understand it takes more energy to produce hydrogen fuel that the energy you get from the fuel. So the technology needed is how to make hydrogen fuel cheaper not hydrogen cars cheaper.

Currently available technology will go a long way...more nuclear power plants. Hybrid auto tech...and I also think that without ANY government involvement, we are seeing many more hybrids being made and sold at a premium (Prius, Accord, Civic, Escape, 4 runner, etc). These 2 things alone could cut US oil consmption probably in half..

Energy bill...not reslly sure yet what these oil company tax breaks are for. Anyone?

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I read that lame SF Chronical article...it does not mention what the tax breaks are specifiacally.

Also humorous is the moaning about MTBE, "which has contaminated drinking water in states from California to Maine". This is an addive that the greenies were pushing for because it lowers hydrocarbon production, turns out to cause cancer...Another well thought out anti-pollution reaction.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Is it really necessary to insult a group that is trying to conserve the enviroment ?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard