Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hey now kids, let's not bash the Hemi or the Duratec. The fact is that the new Hemi has been around since '03. The engine may be all new, but the engineering behind it isn't all fresh and dainty. Chrysler has been known to make one heck of a V8, and this new Hemi is no exception. If I recall correctly, they were still using the 40-something year old LA block architecture up until 2002. These V8 were fantastic in that you could dog on them and they would still get you home. The same goes for slant-sixes. So Chrysler replaced the venerable 360 with the new HEMI. Because the 360 was getting some very gray hair, they had to engineer the new replacement to be modern, yet just as good if not BETTER in the reliability department. A very daunting task, as the LA-block series of V8s are virtually bulletproof, but they accomplished it nonetheless. I can virtually guarantee that you won't here about engine problems from new HEMIs, but anything electronic, or non-mechanical is a just the same as every car.

But as for 300 or Magnum? Go Charger, it's faster than both. It also looks better, and a 3.5L model will not break you but still give you pretty good power. DON'T buy the 2.7. It is a RENTAL GRADE SEBRING ENGINE. If you are going to buy one buy at least the 3.5L, and a HEMI if you can afford it. Take this Mopar Heads' advice, and you won't be disappointed.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
i will head our advice... depending on what my bank allows me

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah, I was thinking the only thing I'd drop that 2.7L into would be a Neon. But while I'm kind of impressed by the Magnum as a family hauler in cool clothes, I still have a grudge against the Chrysler bunch for putting crappy head gaskets in damn near all of their products in the late 80s and early 90s. Show me an old Caravan that's not trailing blue smoke and I'll buy you a cookie.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I still have a grudge against the Chrysler bunch for putting crappy head gaskets in damn near all of their products in the late 80s and early 90s. Show me an old Caravan that's not trailing blue smoke and I'll buy you a cookie.

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard