Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
If you're able to afford 30-35k price range, there are a LOT of choices in that price range to consider. What are your requirements?

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
dont get any, hemi sucks

More reliable than the Duratech I bet you. I havent heard of any Hemis spinning bearings because the driver made a turn, have you?

It's spelled Duratec. And how could one? They rev to what 5k?

I'm just saying here, dickface is saying Hemis suck with no facts to back it up. I got facts that Hemis are better than Duratecs, Hemis dont spin bearings when you make a right turn.

LEAVE!! First off, how long have these new Hemi's been out in the 300C and Magnum? We're comparing a motor that's been out for the last 3-4 years, to the Duratec that's been around for over 10. Ofcourse you're not going to see a lot of spun bearings on vehicles with extremely low miles, or many problems in general with vehicles that are still within their warranty. Coat hangers must not have been around when your mom was pregnant with you.

Mark

Dumbest reply ever, especially the last sentence.

Anyways like I was saying. Many Duratecs with low miles have spun bearings, been said here many times.

I havent heard of any new Hemis spinning bearings with low miles, have you?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
have you inquired about insurance costs? ARe you planning on going over seas any time soon? I ask that, because if you get orders over seas you usually can buy new cars over seas for significantly cheaper than you can in CONUS.

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Dumbest reply ever, especially the last sentence.

Anyways like I was saying. Many Duratecs with low miles have spun bearings, been said here many times.

I havent heard of any new Hemis spinning bearings with low miles, have you?

Dumbest reply ever? Why is that? Because I told you exactly why you won't see many spun bearings on the Hemi's. You think that back in 1998, we were seeing a ton of spun bearings in the 1995 Contours? NO! As was also mentioned, having a motor spinning nearly 7000rpms increases chances of a spun bearing. I'm not writing off the fact that there's a flaw in the design of the Duratec oiling system, but we're also comparing apples to oranges. Give it a couple of years, you WILL be seeing common occurances with the HEMI cars, that you see with every other car on the road, whether it be spun bearings, blown headgaskets, etc..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
LEAVE!! First off, how long have these new Hemi's been out in the 300C and Magnum? We're comparing a motor that's been out for the last 3-4 years, to the Duratec that's been around for over 10. Ofcourse you're not going to see a lot of spun bearings on vehicles with extremely low miles, or many problems in general with vehicles that are still within their warranty. Coat hangers must not have been around when your mom was pregnant with you.

Mark

wow....thats awesome...

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
have you inquired about insurance costs? ARe you planning on going over seas any time soon? I ask that, because if you get orders over seas you usually can buy new cars over seas for significantly cheaper than you can in CONUS.

this is true, but i may be going over to iraq, and you definitely cant get a 300 or a magnum over there . but anyway, i had inquired with my insurance, and it would be about $300 per month.. thats the killer. i can afford the payments on the car, cause they will only be about $150-$200 per month. but Lance Corporal pay in the marines is definitely gonna be tight

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by cjbaldw:
If you're able to afford 30-35k price range, there are a LOT of choices in that price range to consider. What are your requirements?

Ii can't really "afford" it, BUT, i need a new one... im probably gonna go with a v6 of one of them

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Depending on where the home base is (Like in Qatar, Bahrain or Kuwait), then most of the time they have an AAFES car sales place located there.

And IMO, it's a bad decision to buy this type of car on LCpl pay.....

Been there, done that.
Originally posted by shysta3369:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

this is true, but i may be going over to iraq, and you definitely cant get a 300 or a magnum over there . but anyway, i had inquired with my insurance, and it would be about $300 per month.. thats the killer. i can afford the payments on the car, cause they will only be about $150-$200 per month. but Lance Corporal pay in the marines is definitely gonna be tight

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I have a V6 2.7 Magnum and it is a TUUUUUURDD! Super slow, unresponsive BUT it handles good and actually does well in the snow with the ESP program on. Can't complain too much though - it was free!

Take one for a drive you will be like "WTF are we moving?"

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I say the Hemi Magnum, IMHO I love those (the car that is)

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard