Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
got some bad news. The contour is totaled. Really pissed about it, some stupid [censored] passed us on a double yellow and forced us off the road, swerved to miss a sign slide across the road, started to slide sideways because the grass was wet and slide into the woods and did almost a complete roll. stopped on the passenger side. airbags did not deploy. Stupid ass that forced us off the road didn't stop AND WE GOT A TICKET FOR THE IT ALL. improper equipment they said. I had a set of E1's on it with snow tires.

what should i do, insurance will not cover it because of liability only. im thinking of parting it out but i dont know. i'll post some pics from last night to show the extent of the damage will get more pics today. Engine is still good because it was still running when we finally stopped in the woods.

now i am looking for an SVT in the NC area that is black. If anyone has one that they will be selling soon contact me ASAP. will take any SVT in the NC area but want another black contour. they look good.

well here are the pics

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
There's the Graphite Grey 3.0L SVT that used to belong to Warmonger (I think) from fordcontour.org that's back up for sale. $7500 IIRC...not sure where it's located but it's a bonafide steal. If I were in your shoes, I'd buy it sight-unseen.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Jeb, that car is Dominics old car...

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Holy crap, glad you are alright!

I know how much it sucks to total a car, I got 3 points and totalled a car when some lady, not paying attention, hit me @ 50mph. I would try to find a red svt though

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
[censored], i'm glad your ok. i hope the guy who cut you off gets what he deserves.

1998 Ford Contour Se 2.5 litre Silver frost
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Sorry about that. Glad you are okay

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Wow that looks really bad. I'd say you are lucky.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Sad to see another contour go, but its a DAMN good thing you are ok. People suck, I'm thinking since it was dark out the driver had to be intoxicated, what time of night was it?
Good luck in finding a CSVT. Way to stay with the contours.
If mine ever gets messed up beyond repair (god forbid) I'm gonna look for a CSVT or a SE Sport.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
it was about 10 last night, and the ass was in a minivan. he got pissed when i braked hard because he was riding my ass. So he crossed the double yellow speeds up until his back wheel is about where my front was and starts to come over. I layed on the horn and moved right to avoid hiting him. I look up and there is a street sign coming so i try and slow down to avoid the sign. Missed the sign the car left the grass pointed towards the other side of the road in the woods. Car slide all the way across the road hit more wet grass and at that pointed started to slide sideways. Hit the edge of the woods and the car rolled over a log and landed on its side. Lot of good braking did me.

what should i do with the car. Should i part it out, try and sell it complete or what. if i am going to part it out i will start stripping the parts today. But if i am going to sell it complete i will leave it alone. Really sucks because i really liked that car, was really nice, had leather, sunroof, cd, the usual. Was an ATX thou, but still a good car. I am gonna miss it.

Need some opinions on what will get me the most money from whats left of the car. Need that money to buy another one.

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard