Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1337919 07/25/05 06:22 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ODC:
Originally posted by tour96se:

....you also have to look at it this way,when you've lost touch with your roots,i.e, what made you the type of rapper you are,you should retire,or do what snoop did and change genres...people like 50cent etc,that've moved out of the ghettos,who arent in gangs anymore,etc,shouldnt be doing songs about it those things anymore...so in m's case,he's disconnected from his mom,kim,and he now lives in a gated community...whats he gonna rap about? money and cars...its not him..

Or maybe, just maybe, he should rap about the [censored] his people go through everyday and the glam rap lifestyle is a 1-in-a-million shot that everybody can't get.

I don't like rap stars that much, don't like rap music that much either, but what I think 2pac's one of the best for the reason that he had a message and never stopped talking about it whether he was successful already or still starting out.

Instead of Dear Mama, or Changes, we have to listen to [censored] like Eminem 'wah wah the world's so hard leave me alone i just wanna be i am what i am i hate gays gimme my money' or fidy's 'dizahm i gets shots again nigs, lick my lollipops caz dis song's beat is magic stick and dre was too tired to make a new one'.

Seriously, Eminem chopped up 2pac's voice to say 'g-g-g-g-g-unit' and 'eminem' and stupid ass [censored] like that. That's complete disrespect.

guess what??? its called a sample (not "disrespect"... disrespect is Ja Rule who copies almost full verses of 2Pac)... everybody does it sometime. even biggie and pac did it at one time... and where is it that eminem is sounding generic?? he isnt just whining, tell me who else sounds like him, or puts out the messages he does (i.e. Mosh, Toy Soldiers, Stan, etc...)

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
#1337920 07/25/05 06:29 PM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Eminem has no reason to retire...any record hes going to put out will be platinum no matter how good/bad it is. Can you actually retire when u can't even walk outside by yourself? People will be harassing him for many years so how can you retire when you're still in the public eye? Not putting out anymore albums isn't necessarily retirement.

And please don't bring up 2Pac and his lyrics, he is severly overrated in the first place.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#1337921 07/25/05 07:00 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
this post doesnt even apply to 2Pac in the first place.... this is about retirement in the music business... pac "technically retired" but not in the way where he should be compared to eminem and jay-z

#1337922 07/25/05 07:14 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:
FINALLY!

OMG finally somthing me and ALIAS agree on...

But I must give him loads of credit; he has done so much in such a short amount of time. I mean, who else can ascend the ranks and become the poster child for American WHITE TRASH as quickly as he did...??? That�s right, nobody. He's a role model, hell dare I say mentor, to all those who fail to realize that wife-beaters are meant to be worn under a shirt and those who use the word "f*ck" at least twice in every sentence. This and so much more.......he shall be missed

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
#1337923 07/26/05 12:59 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
he wont be gone for gone, but u have to look at eminem... what was his point of his music? what did he thrive on? what opened the gates that made him what he is today? THE PUBLIC, he thrived off of the hatred that made him sing what he sung. with everyone loving him, he has no drive like he did... thats why hes targeting what he has left... (i.e. michael jackson). if people rebel on him again, he will come back, if not he still wont havenothing to rap about (as much)...

#1337924 07/26/05 03:45 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
once again, he isn't retiring

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
#1337925 07/26/05 10:11 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
... but atleast he has something to say that doesn't involve rims, Escalades and hoes, layed over a crappy beat ...

Yeah, he didn't write Ass Like That or anything

And his message of anti-homosexuality and dissing other people for no reason makes him a role model.

Em's nothign special either, paint his punk ass black and he's just another black man rapping. The fact that he's white makes him easily relatable to white suburban boys who are as far removed from rap culture as laura bush is in the congo.

And Em's 'gggunit' off of 2pac isn't a sample. A sample is section of a track, Em chopped up 2pac's lyrics taking vowels here and there and making a word out of it. If 2pac were alive he'd have nothing to do with Em or gunit or any of these circle jerking idiots.

#1337926 07/26/05 10:11 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
And please don't bring up 2Pac and his lyrics, he is severly overrated in the first place.

Nope, he is'nt.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard