Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I hate to beat a dead horse but watching the metal bar/rod under the throttle body move isn't good enough. It will move whether it's attached to the secondary valves or not (and it sits right where its supposed to attached or unattatched). Make sure it's attached, it's not easy to see if you don't have a light on it.

'98 SVT #1838 of 6535, every mile's mine! That makes no one to blame but me.
M
Max02 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Just plain todras:
Originally posted by GreenHornet:
Ok, I went out at lunch to rev the engine with the TB. The metal piece underneath the TB moves towards the firewall when I rev it high enough. I guess that means the problem is not with the IMRC. I pulled up the backseat too to look at the fuel pump access point. Mine looks different than the one in the replacement how-to. Mine has only two "things" coming out of the top at the front. How do I go about removing that sock?

Thanks for the help. I like to be able to go to a garage and tell them what I think the problem is rather than just saying "its rough at high rpm's". They like to "fix" everything to find out which fix works.

All returnless late 99 on up is the same.

I wouldn't advise taking it to a garage unless you do the Focus SVT pump swap first and remove the disc screen at the same time. For $100 and 25 minutes it's worth it. Hell I'll do it for $30 and save you the garage raping.

Yeah, that's what it looks like. So, replacing the fuel pump with the Focus SVT pump and removing that screen ought to fix the issue I'm having? If you're serious, I'd be up for hiring your help with this. Why don't you email me at kazooben@yahoo.com to discuss? Thanks!!

2002 Nissan Maxima SE Former 2000 SVT Contour owner
M
Max02 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by steel:
I hate to beat a dead horse but watching the metal bar/rod under the throttle body move isn't good enough. It will move whether it's attached to the secondary valves or not (and it sits right where its supposed to attached or unattatched). Make sure it's attached, it's not easy to see if you don't have a light on it.

Thanks. I went out again and looked closely, and it looks like it is attached.

M
Max02 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Just thought I would let everyone know that the chugging I was having above 4k seems to have gone away after a month or so. I think you all were right that the screen in the fuel tank was clogged, but seems to have worked itself free. Thanks for all the help, though.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone in the Grand Rapids, MI area could install a new fuel pump for me. I am having really bad issues on low gas and I have had a bad feeling for a while that is what it is. I think I'm gonna go with the SVTFocus one if anyone knows how to do it I would really appreciate it so I don't get completely stomped at a shop. Thanks!!

1998 SVT E0 T-Red/Midnight Blue --> SOLD 2000 SVT Black/Tan 84,000 on the clock
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard