Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Oh god, I've seen that car in person last year I think. A previous owner tried racing me with it in Wethersfield. I wanted to laugh my ass off when I saw it looking like that.

(If it's the same SVT, although it was in identical condition.)

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I'm going to hold off on pricing/parting until I finish the engine swap. Like I said, I want to give anyone who helps with the wrench work first dibs on parts. I'll make sure to let everyone know when that's done, so that the requests can start flowing. I should have actually waited, I guess, to say anything about parting the car out until I was ready. Sorry about that.

2000 CSVT: silver frost, on stands spun bearing = crunchy motor
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Ha! Probably the same one! I have a salvage title for it. The car was originally titled to someone in Newington. What's that, like 5 miles from Wethersfield?

I got it from a guy in NY, who bought it, figured out how much it would cost to fix it, then wanted to get rid of it. We both thought that it was interesting that the car was coming back to CT. If I'd blown my engine sooner, I could have saved some travel time back and forth between CT and NY.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
was it listed in the bargain news by chance? as I jsut saw a SVT listed with a salvage title from NY the other day

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by brapple:
was it listed in the bargain news by chance? as I jsut saw a SVT listed with a salvage title from NY the other day

I was going to ask the same question. I think it moved from Newington, to New York, now back to CT.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by brapple:

I was going to ask the same question. I think it moved from Newington, to New York, now back to CT.

I think it was. A friend spotted it, and told me about it.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i thought about calling on it hopeing the bumpers and side skirts were not messed up, and of course the engine parts, but you need the engine more anyway and I don't need the body parts per say

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Actually, if the plastic pillar for the seatbelt slider on the driver side is still good, my friends SVT, which i'm driving right now, needs a replacement.

One of the clips on it broke so it hangs down once a while. Drives me nuts when I turn to my left to change lanes, and see a freakin pillar in my face.

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
When do you think you will be doing the swap??? I would like to rebuild my engine some day so if i can learn some things from doing yours it�s all the better. I don�t know much but I can turn a wrench and lift stuff. How far are you from Merrimack???

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i've never pulled an engine and i'm far from an engine expert but i'd certainly be willing to lend a hand of i'm free when you do this.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard