Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
But, remember that the labor is for more than just replacing the part, it's likely also for diagnostic time. The bill shows you charged for 2 hours for EEC diagnostic and replace the bushing which cost the 177, then the $7 part, and a fee for the brake inspection. Looks like theres some other labor in there somewhere though. I'd go back and simply ask the service advisor to explain the charges to you so you can see how it all adds up.
Hope all that helps you out though.

Right most dealers take the long way around for some reason. Seems like they rely too much on computers instead of looking at the area where the problem arises. If your fix doesn't cost too much they'll hit you with labor generally.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
well they did completely flush the brake fluid, so im sure thats included in the labor charge somewhere. I actually figured the bill would be a lot higher, this is one of the cheapest bills i've had there. This doesnt really bother me too muhc, just glad to have my car back in working order again, just curious as to the language thy're using here.

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
cough cough, Ford just charged me 23.50 to look at my rotars to tell me they couldn't machine it. They sent me home to get the lug key and half way there, they call me back to say they can't do it. The whole way back i'm thinking why the hell they told me to go get it, when they could of just looked at it.

Then they charged me. They washed my car, but still, I'll wash my own SVT thanks. Savages.

Gonna get a set of rotars and break pads from Stazi soon.

They qouted me 185$ per rotar or something. and 60$ per pad.

I hate dealerships.

98 T-Red CSVT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
-------"ROTORS"------NOT "ROTARS"---------

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
bahahaha

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
-------"ROTORS"------NOT "ROTARS"---------

Ah he's Canadian. I think that's how they spell it there. Good thing he took it to a stealer. If you can't spell it don't work it yourself.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Steve,
I'm not a mechanic but I looked under the hood and saw that the metal rod that opens your secondaries is not attatched to anything and found and bought the 7 dollar bushing. Your certified Ford mechanic should be better than that and if it did take them that long in labor shame on them! They need training and not at your expense.

'98 SVT #1838 of 6535, every mile's mine! That makes no one to blame but me.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard