Next Thread
Print Thread
#1305116 06/14/05 09:24 AM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
A light came on and i'm going to be driving from TX to NC, and i was wondering if it will hurt my car at all. It looks like a little fan on top of water. I dont have my owners manual and i dont have time to take it to the dealer, as i leave tomorrow. Anyone else had this light come on? My car doesnt overheat and everything else seems to be in order. Any help would be appreciated!!

'00 CSVT silver frost
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You probably need to add a little water/coolant, The coolant level needs to be above the MAX line on the side of the tank.
It is well documented that the sensor will trip a low coolant light if the level is at the MAX line. I maintain the coolant level at the seam of the tank and it seems to work well.

I also suggest you find out why you lost coolant. Was the fill cap on tight, or are you losing it somewhwere else?

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Marky:
You probably need to add a little water/coolant, The coolant level needs to be above the MAX line on the side of the tank.
It is well documented that the sensor will trip a low coolant light if the level is at the MAX line. I maintain the coolant level at the seam of the tank and it seems to work well.

I also suggest you find out why you lost coolant. Was the fill cap on tight, or are you losing it somewhwere else?

This happened to me about a year ago. Based on suggestions found on this site, I put 50/50 mix of coolant/ water in the reservoir, and haven't had any trouble or warning lights since. It's been more than a year.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Ya i had this same problem a couple days ago and was in the same boat as you, had no manual and didnt know what to do.. fill the coolant level to the max line and then alittle over it and it will go out

jason

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard