Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Junkyard.....Or maybe even the HELP! section at PepBoobs

PepBoobs???????

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Here are photos to look. I can not seem to find them.

Bill Jenkins I am moving to Team Ford as of 08/01/05 (www.teamfordlv.com). I will post new info when it's ready.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Bill, this is the part I need

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
You can find those at any local hardware or auto shop. It doesn't really matter what grommet you use, as long as you find one that fits snugly into the door. I recently removed the piece that fits along the underside of the car up against the front bumper, which is attached using several similar plastic grommets (and 4 metal clips on the front side of the wheels). I found that one of them was missing, though surprisingly the screw was still there, so I popped in another one before putting the piece back in place - it looked nothing like the rest of them, but it works fine. So don't worry about it's appearance, just get one that fits well so it can do it's job. Also, I don't know why you couldn't just remove them from the old door. Usually, there are two tabs on the inserted side which you have to depress in order to allow it to back out of the hole.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Well I normally wouldn't be this picky about it. But the grommets I need here are for a support bracket that the door's pull handle bolts too, so it needs to hold well. These stock grommets hold to the door like guerilla's, plus they're a lot deeper than what I'm seeing at autoparts stores so more of the screw's thread is in contact with the grommet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard