Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Hi, I was thinking of getting a kit to lower my car (Front and Back), but have a few ?'s.

1. Obviously my front end is way higher than the back so if i lower the front and back won't i be in the same boat (Front still higher) with the exception that the whole car is lowered? If so what can i do to fix that.

2. Also, when i get the funds to do this ( from my wife , lol). How much do you think i will get blasted for installation as i am limited to what i can do in the parking lot at my apartment complex .

Thanks..

99 Contour SE Zetec 2.0 ATX My Ride
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
The azz sag is do to either a large system or bad rear struts. Get a good suspension kit (Bat, etc), the azz sag will go away and the car will either be level or a bit raked. Instllation all depends on where you go. Peopel have said they've gotten install quotes from places liek midas (why) for 600.00 and mom and pop places fro around 200. A better bet would be to post a "help me out" topic in your "area". Might beable to get some CEG'ers to help out. Lots of us just work for food, good music, booze, etc.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
The azz sag is do to either a large system or bad rear struts. Get a good suspension kit (Bat, etc), the azz sag will go away and the car will either be level or a bit raked. Instllation all depends on where you go. Peopel have said they've gotten install quotes from places liek midas (why) for 600.00 and mom and pop places fro around 200. A better bet would be to post a "help me out" topic in your "area". Might beable to get some CEG'ers to help out. Lots of us just work for food, good music, booze, etc.

Yeh, i do have a sub box in the trunk. Also i was thinking (when i get the cabbage to do this) of posting for some help from a CEG'er in the area and offering something for the time and help.

This site is very nice with alot of info (it simply rocks!).

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
With any good suspension set up (expect to pay 450-700 for a strut/coilover set up), the car will sit firmer and is less liklt to sag any with the added weight of a system. Especially with ground controls or any adjustabel coilover, you can adjust the rear a bit higher to compenate for this. WIsh my bat kit was adjustable.

Yeah.... we rock.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Also, with the Bat Kit. That lowers the car about 1" correct? I think my front end needs to be lowered more than 1" , lol.

Would i be better off with the adjustable coil overs?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
It's all choice, really. BAT won't slam your car, my car has dropped from it's stock SVT height about 1.25" all around. Not significant, but the BAT kit is designed more so for ride and handling. Ajustables have the perks (ability to raise and lower the ride height). BUt, adustable coilovers tend to have a much "firmer" ride. How heavy of a system do you have? Mine weighs about how much my spare tire and jack weighed (removed-useless with current ride height).

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
My box is pretty heavy (2 12" subs). I might just remove it and replace with a single Sub.

My main concern is the front en. I do not think a 1.25" drop is going to be enough, lol. It looks absolutly hideous at the moment.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Remember.. I said from STOCK ride height... not "my front end is prepared for lift off".. height. . Bascially, pull everthing out of the trunk and inside the car. Jack the rear of the car up till the rear wheels come off the ground. Then slowly sit the car back down. The car will sit at it's "factory" height for a little bit. You can then measure and tell how far it will go down with the aftermarket suspension. Remember, your rear struts could also be as good as shot and causeing the sag... a couple 12's in the trunk won't really cause for that much (if any) drop in teh rear is the suspension is good. I had a system in my last CSVT and had no rear ass sag (on stock SVT suspension parts with over 100K on it.

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Ok,thanks for the help.

1 more question, lol.

If i go with the coil overs, can i use stock struts or will that be a bad idea?

Thanks

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Well... you can I suppose, but like I said... the rears may be very well blown. Consider this: RECOMEMENDED MAINTENACE on any cars suspension is to replace the struts at 55,000 miles to maintain propper wheel travel, repsonse, handling, safety, tire wear, etc.

Also

If you have to pull everyhting off to put some coilovers on, you may as well do it right and replace the struts.

Also

By lowering the car with coilovers and using the stock sturts, you are adding unseen stress and wear to struts not designed for "less travel"

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard