Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
I'm still waiting for a post with the picture of the smiley's hoding up the signs saying "This thread is pointless without pictures"

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
well....

things have taken an interesting turn...

let me start by saying that i appreciate jonathans willingness to work on this with me at the end. i suppose that does say something...

i guess the downside of being friends with the guys at the bodyshop is that they are comfortable taking some liberties. i didn't bother to tell them not to mess with the mirko in the meantime, and while inspecting it he wanted to find out exactly what was wrong under the "bubble" and this is the result...

apparently there's a good amount of bondo in various places on the splitter, and a lot of it is popping up (including that spot, which was the worst). no reputable shop will paint over this, so it has to be completely hand stripped, repaired, and painted. but, since there's is a nice gaping hole in the paint now, i don't expect johnathan to take it back now... so... you're off the hook. i leave it up to you if you want to do anything in the way of restitution in this matter... but i'm done with it.

for those interested, here are the pics. i'll link to them since most are pretty large. aside from the large bubble that is now a gaping hole, the other major one is visible in this pic, just below the white stone chip...

http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko004.jpg

there are also some pretty major chunks missing out of it as well...

http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko007.jpg

here's the rest of the pics...

http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko003.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko006.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko008.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko009.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko010.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko011.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/~camero52/mirko012.jpg

the paint was totally spidered and cracking off along the top edge, but i couldn't get a clear pic of that.

so... that's that. i will have what is likely the most expensive mirko in the world on my car in a week, and i will have learned my lesson.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

actually, it wasn't intended as a scare tactic at all. i was just trying to be upfront with you. in my initial email to you, i stated that i hoped we could handle this between you and i, and that i did not want to use outside assistance. it was in your responses to me where you said that you would not accept it if i sent it back to you, and that i should take it to outside agencies if i wanted to.

i'm glad that we will be able to work this out man-to-man. it was never my intention to air this out in front of everyone here, but you started the thread so here we are.

i wish you would have informed me of this "bump" before hand, or even after my initial email to you after recieving the item.

i am leaving work early tonight (hopefully!) to go pick it up from the shop and personally inspect it and snap pics. if my guys are way off base here, you have my sincerest apologies, but in the 15 years i've been dealing with them, they have yet to do me wrong. i just talked to him, and he actually found bondo in these spots (he says there are two), so a flaw in the mold it is not.

i will let you know what is up tonight. i truly hope we can work this out!!

I took your emails as scare tactics simply because you were a man of few words in the buying process, then the next 2 emails I get involve some sort of "threat" of authorities getting involved just out of nowhere. If that's not what you intended, I'm sorry, but that's very much how I interpreted them. Almost trying to belittle me. The bump, I honestly forgot about, as mentioned above. I had the splitter off a month prior to selling it and it sat in my garage. I even forgot about it while I had it on the car simply because it was no big deal, sure it wasn't flawless, but what is on a daily driven car? That was my view, so I eventually forgot about it. My apologies. I still stand by my statement that I noticed no difference before painting it, on the fiberglass' surface. The guy I bought it from actually said it was brand new, and it appeared to be. Is it possible to know if there is bondo under the paint without actually seeing it unpainted? I know it's obvious if it's jagged and clearly bondo, but this is a smooth molded bump...I'm not an auto body expert so that's why I'm asking. For example is there a tool they use to determine that? I'll post the pictures I sent to everybody, but they were intended to show the condirion of the paint (aka chips), and nothing more. I did not conveniently avoid certain angles or areas as alleged. It was a quick wash and snap. The bump is on the driver's side IIRC.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Sorry to hear that you got [censored]. Shady.

Everyone should make every transaction go through ebay if at all possible. The buyer protection is more than worthwhile.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I guess I was typing and uploading as you posted the new post. The small chumks taken out of the edge come along with daily driving, I assumed that was a given. As I've never owned anything of this sort before, I assumed it just happened. I did not mean to deceive anybody. Some of the chunks are still fairly visible in the pics I sent everybody. I am sorry this has ended like this also. Even though you don't expect me to take it back, I still feel bad due to the fact that you're not happy with it. I honestly knew nothing of the bondo or filler, as I mentioned before, nothing suggested to me before that it had been repaired. I can offer to send you back $20 or so, but since I moved amongst all this, I'm very broke and the money you paid for it was already spent on bills. Just let me know if there's anything else I can help you with or questions I can answer. Once again, I'm sorry it had to end this way.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
Now: Lesson in Ethics:

If I was the seller and the buyer was unhappy, I would do everything plausible (not break my neck, however) to make them happy. In my hoodie group buy, I happened to stitch one hoodie up with the wrong color, the buyer was unhappy and wanted to send it back. Well, I told him to keep it and I will ship him another one at my cost. Now he is very happy and will probably buy from me again. That is the world of salesmanship.

Agreed, plus the only way I achieved 240+ 100% positive feedbacks on eBay was applying these principles. Well said stripey ...

XL

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It's hard to take sides in this conflict, especially b/c the result of all this jazz are 2 unhappy dissatisfied CEG'ers; however, having said that I personally find the FBI issue as highly deplorable as pathetic.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Sorry but, I think the buyer is being a bit anal. The way you were talking I thought the thing had been rebuilt out of three wrecked splitters. Did you think a used front splitter would be perfect? And I would find a new body shop ASAP! You're guy is trying to hose you. I could fix that thing and paint it with a chip resistant clear for $200.00 or less. Jeez.

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by durateX:
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
Now: Lesson in Ethics:

If I was the seller and the buyer was unhappy, I would do everything plausible (not break my neck, however) to make them happy. In my hoodie group buy, I happened to stitch one hoodie up with the wrong color, the buyer was unhappy and wanted to send it back. Well, I told him to keep it and I will ship him another one at my cost. Now he is very happy and will probably buy from me again. That is the world of salesmanship.

Agreed, plus the only way I achieved 240+ 100% positive feedbacks on eBay was applying these principles. Well said stripey ...

XL

Oh yeah!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Thats not bad at all. Theres not even pieces missing out of the front of the splitter. Basically just pits that need to be filled. Honestly, I could repair that to look like new in a couple hours.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard