Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
i hear ya, chad. but unfortunately, this wasn't something that i could visually inspect in person. and i did make the error of assuming that he was forthright in his description of the mirko. it's not that it was damaged at one time that bothers me, it's the fact that the repair was done poorly, and that these repairs are completely visable and need subsequent repairing.

Then that is where the seller is wrong. IF the repairs are very visible, then that should have been disclosed in the classified ad.

EX:

When I sold my VW, I KNEW that I had to tell the buyer that the car's fender had been repainted do to a small fender bender (because it was a noticeable change in silver shade ). I didn't have to tell her the rim, tire, from sway bar, strut, and spring were also replaced... becuase that is irrelevant, unless she asks.

Get your money back Dave

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by mean'tour:

Who's to say you aren't being taken for a ride by the body shop. Auto repair places aren't known for being on the up-and-up all the time (to over generalize). I'm sure it's your buddy and all... It seems to me that they are the only one with something to gain by lying in this situation.

Just my opinion. I'm sure you can work it out. We would all like to see some photos.

i've been using this shop for 15 years now... often enough between my brother and i that not only do i trust them, but they give me better pricing and service than any other. they are the experts, and i will always defer to their judgement in these matters. my brother trusts them to work on his pristine '65 caddy, his '02 saleen, and i trust them to work on numerous show and race cars of mine that i have had worked on.

and as i said, i will have pics up tonight.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i will have pics up tonight.

i think we should all withhold further judgement until then

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by my csvt:
i will have pics up tonight.

i think we should all withhold further judgement until then

Mmmkay Judge Judy!

... but yeah, you are correct.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mean'tour:

Who's to say you aren't being taken for a ride by the body shop. Auto repair places aren't known for being on the up-and-up all the time (to over generalize). I'm sure it's your buddy and all... It seems to me that they are the only one with something to gain by lying in this situation.

Just my opinion. I'm sure you can work it out. We would all like to see some photos.

i've been using this shop for 15 years now... often enough between my brother and i that not only do i trust them, but they give me better pricing and service than any other. they are the experts, and i will always defer to their judgement in these matters. my brother trusts them to work on his pristine '65 caddy, his '02 saleen, and i trust them to work on numerous show and race cars of mine that i have had worked on.

and as i said, i will have pics up tonight.

anyone who has dealt with multiple body shops or stereo shops or whatever shops that work with cars will know that practically no two shops will see eye to eye on everything and will always think their work is far superior to the other guy's work. in other words, its possible that Johnny's guy believes the work to be sufficient while your guy does not.

imo, if mx is willing to pay the shipping to send it back, then take it back. it sucks to take back sh*t youve already sold but in the interest of keeping the peace between two reputable cegers.....
but if you feel adament that it was exactly how you described and that he is being nitpicky beyond reason, then stick to your guns. ive had this happen a few times on ebay. believe me, the fbi and paypal wont care, especially the fbi. you got exactly what you paid for, there is just a disagreement as to the level of condition of the item. if he said it was brand new and unused, then that could constitute fraud. the fbi is faaar too busy to settle disputes between two guys over a chipped mirko.

ps whoever ends up with the mirko, there should be plenty of buyers willing to buy an already painted mirko, despite its "condition"

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
We should hold judgment until pics are displayed, I agree with that. I can honestly say I was up front about everything. I did not try to lie about anything, no reason to. If the repairs are clearly that visible, which I still have no idea what these repairs are, I would have disclosed that. To my understanding, you have not seen the splitter yet, you said you are relying on what the body shop told you. The ONLY thing that comes to mind about repairs is a small "bump" on the bottom front that I forgot about. I don't believe this a repair but instead a flaw in the mold or however they make these. When I got it, it appeared BRAND NEW, nothing about it suggested it had been tampered with. No differences in texture or luster of the entire piece. I saw the bump after painting it the first time and figured it was my paint job, that I had messed up. Then I realized it was there the second time also. I forgot about the bump because it is small and not extremely visible unless you're right up on it. If this is what you are referring to, I'm sorry that I forgot about that, but it's not THAT big of an imperfection. Not big enough to cause the what is going on. The email saying you would pay for shipping was sent after the email requesting I pay for shipping, I had no knowledge of that email. I just saw it right now. I have no problem giving you a refund if the bump is what you're worried about. It sucks because I'm still out at least $80 from shipping it to you, but I am also honest and ethical. We can work this out with no problems, you're emails just came off as very threatening and I did not appreciate that. If there are problems, we can work them out, there was no need to threaten to take it to "outside assistance" from the get go. I am not a kid nor am I stupid, I take offense to someone threatening me with legal action without even talking about things first. It came off as a scare tactic. I'll wait for the pictures to be displayed and we can go from there. Thank you.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I would be interested to see the "damage" of this splitter. $350 to repair a splitter is a joke. For that price, they might as well just build you one from scratch.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
True dat! For $350.00, they should build you a new splitter, and top it off with a reach-a-round . I've had a few 1/2 dollar sized chunks in my splitter, but Jim easily repaired them with his trusty can of bondo and a mouse sander. I touched up the paint, which could be a little more desirable, but unnoticed to the average eye. So why don't we wait until both Jonny and Dave both post pictures, and we can opinionate from there.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
We should hold judgment until pics are displayed, I agree with that. I can honestly say I was up front about everything. I did not try to lie about anything, no reason to. If the repairs are clearly that visible, which I still have no idea what these repairs are, I would have disclosed that. To my understanding, you have not seen the splitter yet, you said you are relying on what the body shop told you. The ONLY thing that comes to mind about repairs is a small "bump" on the bottom front that I forgot about. I don't believe this a repair but instead a flaw in the mold or however they make these. When I got it, it appeared BRAND NEW, nothing about it suggested it had been tampered with. No differences in texture or luster of the entire piece. I saw the bump after painting it the first time and figured it was my paint job, that I had messed up. Then I realized it was there the second time also. I forgot about the bump because it is small and not extremely visible unless you're right up on it. If this is what you are referring to, I'm sorry that I forgot about that, but it's not THAT big of an imperfection. Not big enough to cause the what is going on. The email saying you would pay for shipping was sent after the email requesting I pay for shipping, I had no knowledge of that email. I just saw it right now. I have no problem giving you a refund if the bump is what you're worried about. It sucks because I'm still out at least $80 from shipping it to you, but I am also honest and ethical. We can work this out with no problems, you're emails just came off as very threatening and I did not appreciate that. If there are problems, we can work them out, there was no need to threaten to take it to "outside assistance" from the get go. I am not a kid nor am I stupid, I take offense to someone threatening me with legal action without even talking about things first. It came off as a scare tactic. I'll wait for the pictures to be displayed and we can go from there. Thank you.

actually, it wasn't intended as a scare tactic at all. i was just trying to be upfront with you. in my initial email to you, i stated that i hoped we could handle this between you and i, and that i did not want to use outside assistance. it was in your responses to me where you said that you would not accept it if i sent it back to you, and that i should take it to outside agencies if i wanted to.

i'm glad that we will be able to work this out man-to-man. it was never my intention to air this out in front of everyone here, but you started the thread so here we are.

i wish you would have informed me of this "bump" before hand, or even after my initial email to you after recieving the item.

i am leaving work early tonight (hopefully!) to go pick it up from the shop and personally inspect it and snap pics. if my guys are way off base here, you have my sincerest apologies, but in the 15 years i've been dealing with them, they have yet to do me wrong. i just talked to him, and he actually found bondo in these spots (he says there are two), so a flaw in the mold it is not.

i will let you know what is up tonight. i truly hope we can work this out!!

-dave

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm still waiting for a post with the picture of the smiley's hoding up the signs saying "This thread is pointless without pictures"

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard