Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
please post pics of this conveniently avoided damage...I am also eager to see this. And no you did not offer to ship it back at your own cost. Shall I post the email?

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
please post pics of this conveniently avoided damage...I am also eager to see this. And no you did not offer to ship it back at your own cost. Shall I post the email?

this one?

"As a result of this, I am going to send this thing back to you, and I expect a full refund including shipping (since I have to pay shipping to get it back to you)."

or would you prefer the subsequent one which you haven't bothered to respond to?

" So here�s where it stands� I can send this thing back to you at MY expense, and you refund my $220. If you hadn�t noticed, that puts me out $60 or so for shipping, and you get your splitter back to possibly re-sell to someone who has a t-red car that is willing to live with the flaw."

i will post pics, don't worry.

let me ask you a question, why on earth would i be going through this for any other reason than what i have stated? it's not like i have nothing better to do than dick around with this. i bought it assuming you were truthful in your description of it, and planned on having it painted and installed. i was pretty excited about it. but now i'm looking at having to have it completely hand sanded, repaired, and then painted... costing me at least $350 as opposed to $125. this whole thing is wasting MY time and MY money because you weren't forthright in your description of the item.

i fail to see how this is all my fault. can you please tell me how this is my fault and not yours?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Not to make too much light of the situation, but Tony, have you considered a brand new Mirko only runs $262 shipped?

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
not sure who tony is.... lol...

but yeah, i thought about that. but i figured i'd save a few bucks and help a fellow ceg'er out.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
B
B
Oops. Sorry, mixed my CEG screen names up with real life names. I was thinking of Thinkmoto.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
YEah, thats what I had thought too, Rick.

The description is VERY misleading and I, too, would be upset to see that the spliter has obtained a "large amount of damage" (so you say, orcourse). If you (the seller) had made no mention of the damage (except for chips), you should be held liable.

However (sorry Dave)

If I were to go buy a car from a person (sold as is, ofcourse) and I didn't ask if the car had been in an accident and the gentleman did not tell me this and I found out later it had been... it's my own fault. A seller is not obligated to tell the potential buyer the car has been in an accident unless the buyer asks, the vehicle has not been fully repaired, the car is mechanically unsound, or they ask for a carfax report.

In the case of the mirko, it's really a toss up. Dave didn't ask if it was damaged (which should have considering the LARGE array of Mirko's that recieve damage), however, the seller should have disclosed that it was damaged and repaired (whether the seller thought it was done correctly or not). Why these "pics" that are spoke of show no repair in one, and repair in another is beyond me.

Now: Lesson in Ethics:

If I was the seller and the buyer was unhappy, I would do everything plausible (not break my neck, however) to make them happy. In my hoodie group buy, I happened to stitch one hoodie up with the wrong color, the buyer was unhappy and wanted to send it back. Well, I told him to keep it and I will ship him another one at my cost. Now he is very happy and will probably buy from me again. That is the world of salesmanship.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
There's only one way to solve this: STREET FIGHT!!!!!!!!

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i hear ya, chad. but unfortunately, this wasn't something that i could visually inspect in person. and i did make the error of assuming that he was forthright in his description of the mirko. it's not that it was damaged at one time that bothers me, it's the fact that the repair was done poorly, and that these repairs are completely visable and need subsequent repairing.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Davo:
There's only one way to solve this: STREET FIGHT!!!!!!!!

violence is never the answer, davo.

but using all legal available means is. i just didn't want it to come to that.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

this one?

"As a result of this, I am going to send this thing back to you, and I expect a full refund including shipping (since I have to pay shipping to get it back to you)."

or would you prefer the subsequent one which you haven't bothered to respond to?

" So here�s where it stands� I can send this thing back to you at MY expense, and you refund my $220. If you hadn�t noticed, that puts me out $60 or so for shipping, and you get your splitter back to possibly re-sell to someone who has a t-red car that is willing to live with the flaw."

i will post pics, don't worry.

let me ask you a question, why on earth would i be going through this for any other reason than what i have stated? it's not like i have nothing better to do than dick around with this. i bought it assuming you were truthful in your description of it, and planned on having it painted and installed. i was pretty excited about it. but now i'm looking at having to have it completely hand sanded, repaired, and then painted... costing me at least $350 as opposed to $125. this whole thing is wasting MY time and MY money because you weren't forthright in your description of the item.

i fail to see how this is all my fault. can you please tell me how this is my fault and not yours?

I read this post and have no stake in it.

At this point the damage is alleged, as one party (seller) claims to know of nothing but rock chips, and the buyers installer says there is serious damage.

Who's to say you aren't being taken for a ride by the body shop. Is this "damage" very obvious? Auto repair places aren't known for being on the up-and-up all the time (to over generalize--no offense intended to anyone!). I'm sure it's your buddy and all... It seems to me that they are the only one with something to gain by lying in this situation.

Just my opinion. I'm sure you can work it out. We would all like to see some photos.

Last edited by mean'tour; 06/02/05 03:09 PM.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard