Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1289403 05/27/05 08:52 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I'm going to flush the power steering fluid in the '98 SE (V6-ATX) this weekend and wanted to know which hose coming out of the PS reservoir is the return hose? Is it the hose which appears to run parallel with the firewall or the one which appears to go directly to what I believe is the PS pump.

Does anyone know what the system capacity is for the PS?

Thanks, contourdad

p.s. I did a search but could not find the answer I was looking for.

1998 Contour SE, V-6, ATX, everything stock (70,000 miles on original ATX and water pump and counting)
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
contourdad:
I'm going to flush the power steering fluid in the '98 SE (V6-ATX) this weekend and wanted to know which hose coming out of the PS reservoir is the return hose? Is it the hose which appears to run parallel with the firewall or the one which appears to go directly to what I believe is the PS pump.

Does anyone know what the system capacity is for the PS?

Thanks, contourdad

p.s. I did a search but could not find the answer I was looking for.

The one that goes directly to the p/s pump is the high-pressure, so the other one is the return.

I don't know for the oil capacity, maybe 2L

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The one that goes directly to the power steering pump from the reservior is the return.

The high-pressure hose runs from the steering pump to the rack and you'll know it's the high-pressure hose because it isn't held on with hose clamps, it has special high-pressure fittings.

As I recall the capacity is about 1 1/2 quarts.

Last edited by brianl703; 05/28/05 01:20 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard